ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-11, 10:00 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,863 Times in 11,044 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftychic View Post
You have lost your keys, debit card and cell phone
You are asked to do something and you return without completing the task
You forget what someone just said to you
You ask people to repeat questions
You are bad at following directions
You have to read something more than once to understand it
You are often told to calm down
You jump from one activity to another
You forget doctors appointments
People in your life are mad at you because you do not pick up your cell.. this is because you forget to charge it
You get anxious speaking in front of a group of people
You are defensive
This is just some of the many things I go through
If I had just a nickel for all the times I've been told to calm down or relax,
I wouldn't be worried about not having health insurance 'cause I'd be rich.

Frustrating and funny at the same time, the doctor at the Chinese Clinic put in the accupuncture needles and told me to relax. I replied, "This is as relaxed as I can get." Which was so tense I could lay down on the table but sat on the edge swinging my legs and picking at my clothes, my hair, my face ...

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (08-16-11), craftychic (08-15-11), homestead4u (04-07-12)
Old 08-16-11, 02:43 AM
Contributor

holmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of light

When your playing around on this forum and find the page where it says all the times you've been thanked in a post and find posts that you didn't know you had written...

When this is an actual conversation with your sons Doctor who specializes in ADHD

Doctor: So who else in the family has ADHD
You: My brother does
Doctor: OK who else has ADHD
You: Nobody that I can think of
Doctor: No.. who else in the family has ADHD
You: Ummm... i suspect that i might have it
Doctor: Yeah i suspect that you have it too!

This was during his diagnosis and was only the Third conversation that i had ever had with the man! LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holmracing For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (02-14-13), homestead4u (04-07-12)
Old 08-16-11, 03:07 AM
ADDvanced Member

addrian2011 will become famous soon enough

... when you think this place is like the most enlightening thing to come out of the internet, ever!

I've already printed off a thread about the proof that ADHD exist and I want to copy it and pass it out to all of my family members who dont believe.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to addrian2011 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (08-18-11), BellaVita (08-21-12), blue teal (08-28-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), Raye (04-15-12), spamsmom (11-14-11), Thandimanillon (12-05-11), ZombieCake (05-15-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-11, 04:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

PinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftychic View Post
You are asked to do something and you return without completing the task
This is my biggest frustration at work and my co workers and boss get really annoyed at me for it and it makes me feel like crying because I intentionally didnt mean to forget it just completely slipped my mind
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PinkRoxy For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (08-21-12), homestead4u (04-07-12), Hyperman87 (08-18-11), Raye (04-15-12)
Old 08-16-11, 04:42 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

pedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to all

When it's *#$&*#$& 2am and you can't *#$&#*&$ sleep.
homestead4u (04-07-12), PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13)
Old 08-16-11, 10:06 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,032 Times in 461 Posts
Etcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud of

When the door specifically says "push" and you pull.
When you do that five hundred times with the same door.
When, if you don't notice the sign "push" because you were too busy, you actually do (lo' and behold) push.
When you figure out it would be best to replace all the "push"-signs with "pull"-signs and vice versa.
ADHDTigger (08-16-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), Raye (04-15-12), Thandimanillon (12-05-11)
Old 08-16-11, 02:47 PM
ADDvanced Member

slugger will become famous soon enough

When you get your diagnosis at the doctor's and you leave your jacket in their office...
And a week later your son gets diagnosed by HIS doc and you leave the same jacket in their office....

You know, just in case they weren't REALLY sure you have ADHD
ADHDTigger (08-16-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), spamsmom (11-14-11)
Old 08-16-11, 03:11 PM
Contributor

speculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nice

If you spend an hour cooking a meal that takes a lot of preparation and ingredients like stir fry, then when it's done you set it on the counter to cool and come back three hours later to find it still sitting there because you forgot to eat it, you might have ADD...

If you've ever put at least four different sauces, or 8-9 different spices, that don't even go together, on a dish just to see how it will taste, you might have ADD.

If you've ever started preparing a dinner and then realize you don't have the ingredients you need so you go to the store, then come back and by the time you get done cooking you're too tired to eat because it's so late at night and you just go to bed instead, you might have ADD.

If you've ever cooked a certain dish to use up an ingredient in your fridge that is getting old, then forget to put that ingredient in the dish anyway and find it old and rotting in your fridge the following week, you might have ADD.

If you go to the store because you're out of your favorite pickles, then get home and open the jar and eat some pickles and when you go to put them in the fridge you find two other, opened, half-eaten jars of the same kind of pickles, you might have ADD.

Last edited by speculative; 08-16-11 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: ftw!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to speculative For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-16-11), ban_ban (01-08-14), donnzmail (06-16-13), Forgot my brain (12-05-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), Hyperman87 (08-18-11), PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13), slugger (08-16-11), Thandimanillon (12-05-11)
Old 08-16-11, 03:23 PM

Sweet Peach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculative View Post
If you go to the store because you're out of your favorite pickles, then get home and open the jar and eat some pickles and when you go to put them in the fridge you find two other, opened, half-eaten jars of the same kind of pickles, you might have ADD.
HA HA HA - I swear i bought vanilla 3 times in the last month and every time I look in my pantry.. I don't see any... one of these days I'm going to look and see 5 bottles of vanilla extract!! LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Peach For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12), speculative (08-16-11)
Old 08-18-11, 02:22 AM
Contributor

holmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of light

Can one of the "Powers that be" sticky this so that it doesn't get lost in the graveyard? It's a great thread so that we all know we do the same things that are so frustrating. And now maybe we can laugh at ourselves next time we do them... Cause we will probably do them again!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to holmracing For This Useful Post:
Etcetera (08-18-11), Forgot my brain (12-05-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), speculative (08-18-11)
Old 08-18-11, 09:10 AM

Thanked 23,863 Times in 11,044 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmracing View Post
Can one of the "Powers that be" sticky this so that it doesn't get lost in the graveyard? It's a great thread so that we all know we do the same things that are so frustrating. And now maybe we can laugh at ourselves next time we do them... Cause we will probably do them again!
I asked them to do that - it would also be a good resource for people
who question whether they actually have ADHD - and something for
families and friends to read when they question the diagnosis as well.

I hope they will sticky it, I know the sticky thread in the Parenting
section is really helpful.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12), MonaLisaSimpson (06-07-13)
Old 08-18-11, 10:05 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,135 Times in 8,154 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by addrian2011 View Post
... when you think this place is like the most enlightening thing to come out of the internet, ever!

I've already printed off a thread about the proof that ADHD exist and I want to copy it and pass it out to all of my family members who dont believe.
I feel this way almost everyday.
homestead4u (04-07-12), PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13)
Old 08-18-11, 10:08 AM
Contributor

speculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmracing View Post
Also, don't forget that you can subscribe to threads. vBulletin is such a great system, I normally don't even bother with forums that don't use vBulletin nowadays, unless the content is truly golden and can't be found anywhere else. (You can subscribe using thread tools at the top of the thread, and manage your thread subscription settings in your user cp.) Glad you brought that up, I just subscribed to this thread so I won't lose it...
The Following User Says Thank You to speculative For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12)
Old 08-18-11, 10:40 AM

Thanked 4,218 Times in 2,401 Posts
eclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond repute

When you get so angry when someone over-estimates their knowledge--you flip out mentally A slightly above modest college education doesn't mean anything. I'm quite sick and tired of those arrogant college individuals.

I love those of higher education, though, puts the rabble in their place right quick. Something I have issues with doing due to my scatter-brained nature.

I wish more people had a love of knowledge rather than a love for lording their inaccurately supposed superior level over someone else. Until then, it's something that constantly distracts me, even if I can't stop it.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclectic beagle For This Useful Post:
donnzmail (06-16-13)
Old 08-18-11, 10:58 AM
ADDvanced Member

addrian2011 will become famous soon enough

One minute you hate your ex with every cell in your being then the next minute you are crying your eyes out because a song on the radio reminds you of the good times.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to addrian2011 For This Useful Post:
Daniel652 (08-29-11), Forgot my brain (12-05-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), jordanbamabelle (11-28-11)