ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 05-29-12, 02:09 AM
Contributor

mrh235 is a glorious beacon of lightmrh235 is a glorious beacon of lightmrh235 is a glorious beacon of lightmrh235 is a glorious beacon of lightmrh235 is a glorious beacon of lightmrh235 is a glorious beacon of light
has anyone stayed on the same dose of a medicine for a long time?

i recently had my dosage of vyvanse upped to 30mg and when i asked the pharmacist why this happens he basically said something about me becoming immune to the medicine eventually and this makes me really frustrated. Just when im starting to piece my life together I have to worry about the prospect of my medicine suddenly stopping working, does this really happen? Im wondering if anyone has a track record of staying on the same dose of a medicine for a long period of time. I really really really dont want to take breaks because I love being able to focus and actually complete tasks on time and be normal.
Old 05-29-12, 03:42 AM
Contributor

Slo-mo a-go-go is a jewel in the roughSlo-mo a-go-go is a jewel in the roughSlo-mo a-go-go is a jewel in the rough
Re: has anyone stayed on the same dose of a medicine for a long time?

I've been on generic adderall IR 60 mg for 3 years and bf that 2 yrs on Adderall XR 60 mg for a total of 5 yrs on adderall 60 mg.
Old 05-29-12, 04:20 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanked 4,536 Times in 1,944 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I reduced my dex from daily 30mg to 25mg a few years ago. I try and take less when I'm not at work.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-12, 04:29 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 26,681 Times in 11,891 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

i was on dexedrine for about 7 years with no dose increase needed. Now I am on adderall and have been at the same dose for about 1.5 years.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 05-29-12, 05:00 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 8,314 Times in 3,303 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute

I have been on my dosage of dex IR for about 3 years now, and that was after 12 years of a lower, but insufficient dosage ...should have been this all along .....

[FONT="Book Antiqua"....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....
The Following User Says Thank You to salleh For This Useful Post:
sarahsweets (05-29-12)
Old 05-29-12, 12:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,232 Times in 3,063 Posts
ana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond reputeana futura has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
i was on dexedrine for about 7 years with no dose increase needed. Now I am on adderall and have been at the same dose for about 1.5 years.
Sarah (or anyone else),

how long did it take you to titrate up to your dose, and how did you know when you were at the right dose?

I've been on dex for a couple months now at basically my starting dose. It's very low, but it seems to be working great. 10 mg total a day.

My approach so far has been to stay here as long as it's effective, but I also wonder if I would be better off if I pushed myself through the adaptation period (severe over focus) to a slightly higher dose.

My doctor seems rather entertained by my low tolerance.