ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-16, 04:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,052 Times in 4,476 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
The idea is that guys and girls can't just be friends because sexual desire will always get in the way.

Is that true?
Only for males at the height of puberty.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Hermus (09-04-16), Little Missy (09-04-16), psychopathetic (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 04:20 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 24,395 Times in 12,020 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Ive always had male friends in band, i guess from fewer women playing brass instruments. really its possible.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-04-16), Little Missy (09-04-16), psychopathetic (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 04:26 PM

Thanked 16,339 Times in 8,769 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Hail yes! Guys are The Best for friends.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-04-16), psychopathetic (09-04-16), stef (09-04-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-16, 04:39 PM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 4,431 Times in 1,866 Posts
Hermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud of

For me just being friends sometimes works, but often at some point there is a hint of attraction. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn't. Thie female friend, I have had some level of attraction to her for a long time.

There are some signs the attraction might be mutual, but I also might be wrong. I know I have to be careful, but I've also known her well and long enough to know that she will be able to deal with it if it isn't mutual. She's a very down-to-earth personnwho doesn't immediately make a big issue out of things.

Asked her to have dinner together somewhere. She said she would love to, but that she didn't have a lo tof money so that it would be better for her to cook st her place or mine. So she's coming over tomorrow and that's cool.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-04-16), psychopathetic (09-04-16), stef (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 04:46 PM
Mindful moderator

Hermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud of

When I was a kid I was such a charming young man. Adults absolutely adored me. Then in high school I lost that due to developing social anxiety. Now I have the feeling that I start to regain that natural charm, which is awesome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-04-16), psychopathetic (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 04:50 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-04-16), psychopathetic (09-04-16), spamspambacon (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 04:55 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 24,395 Times in 12,020 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

ah, a picture of my colleague and I
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-04-16), Little Missy (09-04-16), psychopathetic (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
When I was a kid I was such a charming young man. Adults absolutely adored me.
Me too. But I will never forget the day my English comp teacher said to me “Ian, you can’t just coast through all of life with your smile and your honeyed words and your manners.”

Whereupon she failed me in the class for turning something in 5 minutes late such that I could not graduate from high school.

Mom was not pleased, but I actually liked summer school because I became good friends with two girls in the class, and we would hang out in the girls’ loo and listen to tunes, smoke, and...other stuff.

So a total win-win as far as I was concerned.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Hermus (09-04-16), Little Missy (09-04-16), psychopathetic (09-04-16), stef (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 05:12 PM
Mindful moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Me too. But I will never forget the day my English comp teacher said to me “Ian, you can’t just coast through all of life with your smile and your honeyed words and your manners.”

Whereupon she failed me in the class for turning something in 5 minutes late such that I could not graduate from high school.

Mom was not pleased, but I actually liked summer school because I became good friends with two girls in the class, and we would hang out in the girls’ loo and listen to tunes, smoke, and...other stuff.

So a total win-win as far as I was concerned.

Cheers,
Ian
Teachers always had difficulty punishing me. As much as I was misbehaving they still saw me as such a sweetheart. In English class the teacher was a very strict woman who often sent pupils to the principal's office. With me she couldn't.

I misused that position greatly. For example, I used to put on my headphones in class. She would ask me to put away my headphones and I complied. A few minutes later once again I would wear my headphones. That game went on and on without her ever punishing me for it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-04-16), midnightstar (09-04-16), stef (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 05:16 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 16,364 Times in 9,246 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Teachers always had difficulty punishing me. As much as I was misbehaving they still saw me as such a sweetheart. In English class the teacher was a very strict woman who often sent pupils to the principal's office. With me she couldn't.

I misused that position greatly. For example, I used to put on my headphones in class. She would ask me to put away my headphones and I complied. A few minutes later once again I would wear my headphones. That game went on and on without her ever punishing me for it.
Lucky you Hermus - we had the most evillest of food technology teachers in the universe who would keep us in from break for the tiniest thing (literally even so much asother kids messing around and us getting the giggles about it, as well as keeping the kids acting out in for break if we got the giggles that was enough of an excuse to keep us in from break as well
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 05:21 PM
Mindful moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Lucky you Hermus - we had the most evillest of food technology teachers in the universe who would keep us in from break for the tiniest thing (literally even so much asother kids messing around and us getting the giggles about it, as well as keeping the kids acting out in for break if we got the giggles that was enough of an excuse to keep us in from break as well
We also had some quite horrible teachers. Another English teacher was known for sexually harrassing female students. Somehow he never was suspended or sacked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-04-16), midnightstar (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 05:27 PM

Thanked 25,821 Times in 11,995 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

There are two songs I'm desperate to listen to and just can't find on YouTube. The first is guyana by manowar and the second is drifting by 4 non blondes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-04-16), Little Missy (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 05:39 PM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9m...r-guyana_music

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-04-16), stef (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 05:42 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 16,364 Times in 9,246 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-04-16), stef (09-04-16)
Old 09-04-16, 06:33 PM

Thanked 16,339 Times in 8,769 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes the anticipation is better than the act itself.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-04-16), Fuzzy12 (09-04-16), stef (09-04-16)