ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-16, 09:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 15,265 Times in 8,203 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Happy new year everyone !!!!
and just where have you been?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 01-01-17, 01:33 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 14,542 Times in 8,070 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I think we had a breakthrough with Ebony - she's been outside on her own today and followed me down the road a little bit as well, idk whether it's a permanent more confident thing or whether it's just a one-off
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-01-17)
Old 01-01-17, 03:16 PM

Thanked 9,093 Times in 4,040 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

My sweetie said to me "you are often about 2/3 nutter and I love you for this."

Sweet On Her,
Ian
Little Missy (01-01-17), peripatetic (01-01-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-17, 03:51 PM

Thanked 28,701 Times in 12,828 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

i've done morning tai chi, taken a walk, and done a bunch of stuff on my self care checklist. none of it helped.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-01-17), Little Missy (01-01-17), psychopathetic (01-01-17)
Old 01-01-17, 04:02 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
i've done morning tai chi, taken a walk, and done a bunch of stuff on my self care checklist. none of it helped.
I had this great shrinkipoo once who flat out - I loved her for this - told me point blank that, "Bubblebaths won't fix this."

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (01-01-17), psychopathetic (01-01-17)
Old 01-01-17, 04:12 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I had this great shrinkipoo once who flat out - I loved her for this - told me point blank that, "Bubblebaths won't fix this."
That's classic.

"Calgon, no, Dexedrine, take me away."

Cheers,
Ian
Old 01-01-17, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
That's classic.

"Calgon, no, Dexedrine, take me away."

Cheers,
Ian
She was so fantastic, so real, about 4 yrs older than me and I wish I could still see her just for the conversation, I miss the fun we had. No nurses, no phone answerers, just her. She even did her own blood if necessary.

I get my same scripts here, doc is fantastic. He's fast! No time for fun talk. We laugh but fast! And oddly, him and shrinkipoo went to the same med school and are the same age.

la-la-la

aeon (01-01-17), stef (01-02-17)
Old 01-01-17, 04:38 PM

Thanked 28,701 Times in 12,828 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
haha!! mine sounds similar.
i made the error of being a bit too honest in a Facebook post thing...i ******* HATE Facebook, i don't even know why i try except to keep in touch with certain people.
anyway, everyone was aghast and i got overwhelmed with the phoning and texting... and i get all of these "great suggestions"...like, bubble baths, and exercise, and fresh air and blah blah blah.
and none of that is going to make the medication increase happen any faster
or make this therapy project i'm facing more tolerable.
but i's like, **** it...i'll give all their suggestions a go.

the thing is, i already exercise a lot...i already ...well i don't do bubble baths. i don't want to sit in water polluted with my own yuck coming off me. anyway,
i'm rambling now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-01-17), midnightstar (01-01-17), psychopathetic (01-01-17), stef (01-02-17)
Old 01-01-17, 04:46 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 23,619 Times in 11,647 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and just where have you been?
Stayed overnight with friends
it was lovely but I'm glad to be back!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-01-17), psychopathetic (01-01-17)
Old 01-01-17, 04:46 PM

I'm playing Muse at excessive volume such that the windows are rattling in their frames and I am singing along all theatrical, full volume, real horrorshow, and I feel right as rain.

Cheers,
Ian
stef (01-02-17)
Old 01-01-17, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I'm playing Muse at excessive volume such that the windows are rattling in their frames and I am singing along all theatrical, full volume, real horrorshow, and I feel right as rain.

Cheers,
Ian
I just had this wild flash image of it all...

aeon (01-01-17), stef (01-02-17)
Old 01-01-17, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Stayed overnight with friends
it was lovely but I'm glad to be back!
And then there came Little Madeline with her round suitcase...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-01-17), psychopathetic (01-01-17), stef (01-02-17)
Old 01-01-17, 05:31 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 14,542 Times in 8,070 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
haha!! mine sounds similar.
i made the error of being a bit too honest in a Facebook post thing...i ******* HATE Facebook, i don't even know why i try except to keep in touch with certain people.
anyway, everyone was aghast and i got overwhelmed with the phoning and texting... and i get all of these "great suggestions"...like, bubble baths, and exercise, and fresh air and blah blah blah.
and none of that is going to make the medication increase happen any faster
or make this therapy project i'm facing more tolerable.
but i's like, **** it...i'll give all their suggestions a go.

the thing is, i already exercise a lot...i already ...well i don't do bubble baths. i don't want to sit in water polluted with my own yuck coming off me. anyway,
i'm rambling now.
I learned the hard way to never say anything on facebook because it *will* get used against us irl whereas here they can't prove it's us and not someone else saying it (in my case they = family)

Years ago when my depression was really bad there was some stuff I said on facebook that my family got upset about because they decided it would make them look bad - never mind the fact my mental health was well and truly down the lav, all they cared about was me not saying anything that would make them look bad ......
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-01-17), psychopathetic (01-01-17), stef (01-02-17)
Old 01-01-17, 05:34 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 11,085 Times in 5,538 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And then there came Little Madeline with her round suitcase...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-01-17), Little Missy (01-02-17), stef (01-02-17)
Old 01-01-17, 06:11 PM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 3,628 Times in 1,543 Posts
Hermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud of

I wish you all a wonderful new year.

My New Year's Eve was great. From 10 am I had a mindfulness retreat. It involved a whole day of meditating, sharing, enjoying food and then dancing in the evening. It felt just great to experience how ecstatic a feeling I could get from the dancing, without the need of any mind-altering substances.

Today I'm sober for 90 days and I got the chance to share that during the retreat and celebrate it with the people who were there. Being open about my addiction gives me so many wonderful gifts. It's also great that by being open suddenly so many people start to tell me about their own struggles with addiction. Makes me feel like I'm not alone.

Emotionally the retreat also had heavy moments though. At the end of the evening we had a silent meditation and I let all the madness from 2016 go through my mind one more time. That was very emotional for me. Now I have a lot of hope that 2017 is going to be a better year. Total abstinence, substance wise and romantically. I think it might give me some urgently needed peace of mind.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-01-17), midnightstar (01-01-17), psychopathetic (01-01-17), stef (01-02-17)