ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-17, 09:56 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,339 Times in 8,769 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simargl View Post
I made a vat of cold brewed coffee. It's been a while. I've been spending too much on coffee at cafes lately. It's a little wonky considering my CBC is better than most iced drinks I can buy.
I don't know even a hint about cold brewing. I thought it was just poured over ice when it was cold in the pot.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-06-17), mctavish23 (01-07-17), psychopathetic (01-06-17), Simargl (01-06-17), stef (01-06-17)
Old 01-06-17, 10:58 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 11,654 Times in 5,823 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
First morning above zero in probably not that long but it sure seemed like a long stretch. And it is only 4 degrees.
-21F (-29C) here just below you (at 8am)

"Be gentle with yourself tonight.
You've been here before. You might be here again.
But in between, you have a chance.
Snatch that f'n thing up and use it for all it's worth."

--
Unmanagable
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-06-17)
Old 01-06-17, 11:16 AM

Thanked 25,821 Times in 11,995 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

-29c??

The coldest I've ever been in is -26C and i still remember that fondly and with pride even though I was wearing 8 pairs of socks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-06-17), stef (01-06-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-17, 06:06 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 24,395 Times in 12,020 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

this is just classic, i got on the wrong train to get back to town for rehearsal, got off and missed the one i should have taken, so i was late and missed the one song i really need to rehearse, and then i realize i left my black shoes at work I'll have to wear boots i guess

but anyway its our concert tomorrow night and some things sound lovely and they have the cutest thing for the end, serving the flutes in the first row a glass of champagne and we all say " happy new year!"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-06-17), Fuzzy12 (01-06-17), mctavish23 (01-07-17), Simargl (01-06-17)
Old 01-06-17, 07:19 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 16,364 Times in 9,246 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

i cant sleep. Brain too active.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-06-17), mctavish23 (01-07-17), Simargl (01-06-17)
Old 01-06-17, 08:19 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,563 Times in 1,129 Posts
Simargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I don't know even a hint about cold brewing. I thought it was just poured over ice when it was cold in the pot.
0.o Nope. The idea of doing that hurts me.

You can make an iced coffee concentrate by steeping course coffee grounds at room temperature or in the fridge for 12-24 hours. I typically go for 24 hours. You can let the coffee sit directly in the water and filter it after it's done brewing or you can use a filter to hold the grounds. This makes a very strong concentrate. You can cut it with water when you want a glass. Typical ratio: 1 part coffee 2 parts water. You can add more or less water for taste.

It's also great for mixed drinks and baking.
Fuzzy12 (01-07-17), Little Missy (01-06-17), mctavish23 (01-07-17)
Old 01-06-17, 10:03 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,563 Times in 1,129 Posts
Simargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I'd love to do cold brew sometime, but after thinking about it, I had to admit that I don't have the time management skills or energy or discipline to engage in a process with delayed reward.

ADHD + melancholic depression means lots of ideas die shortly after birth, and I tend to kill the ones that dare live. Of course, that comes with both benefits and disadvantages.

From experimenting, I've found that I really enjoy light-to-medium roast the best, as I enjoy the flavor of the coffee without it being overtaken by the taste of roast. Undoubtedly, the higher caffeine content is influencing my feeling in this regard.

Cheers,
Ian

I have a solution for you! Drink a cup of coffee while you get the batch ready. I make quite a bit at a time. It lasts for a week in the fridge.

I'm a light to medium roast person too and for the same reasons. I'm surprised how hard it is to find a decent selection of light and medium roasts in this area. People are so stuck on their full city and French roasts. I'm not a fan. St. Louis and Chicago have a better grasp of the kinds of coffee I like to drink. I expected a better coffee culture in the PNW.

I haven't tried it but I bet you could make a small batch in a French press. I typically use something called a 'coffee sock' filter in a sun tea container.
aeon (01-07-17), Fuzzy12 (01-07-17), Little Missy (01-06-17), mctavish23 (01-07-17), psychopathetic (01-07-17)
Old 01-07-17, 01:08 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I finally hit a level of sleep deprivation to where the moment I get myself situated in bed and close my eyes...I plummet into a very deep dark sleep.
And it's wonderful. And I love that feeling. It sounds so frightening, but I find it incredible.

It's like I'm standing at a cliff's edge...so close so that I'm teetering as I'm getting myself all snug and comfy under my blankets. And then my cheek presses into my pillow and I close my eyes...and that's it. I fall off that cliff. And it's swift, and absolute. There is no going back, no changing my mind.
I just very swiftly plummet down into the depths of sleep.

And the sleep is so deep! It's so dark. Void of light or sound or intrusion. And it's SO restorative. It's a deep sleep I don't get to experience in life near enough. It's the kind of hard sleep you can only get from being extremely exhausted.

Man it's a beautiful kind of sleep. It sounds so scary, and in ways it is...but dang, I so often fight falling asleep and it can take me hours of tossing and turning in bed before I fall asleep...so to experience falling asleep so immediately is such a welcome and lovely experience.
And the sleep is so fulfilling. It heals me. I love it.

I'm off to bed. And I love that. I love that it's only 10 pm and I'm so tired...to tired to fight the sleep.

--
Unmanagable
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-07-17), Fuzzy12 (01-07-17), Hermus (01-07-17), Simargl (01-07-17)
Old 01-07-17, 03:46 AM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 4,431 Times in 1,866 Posts
Hermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud of

Outside it's snowing and the roads are slippery. An excellent day to watch series.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-07-17), psychopathetic (01-07-17)
Old 01-07-17, 05:02 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,884 Times in 9,299 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so tired I'm ready to collapse in bed and fall asleep.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-07-17), Simargl (01-07-17)
Old 01-07-17, 11:00 AM

-17F (-27C) and I'm just about to go out so I can hang out with a couple of buddies today. Going to go throw a quick/simple breakfast together for them, and I'm going to have the older of the 2 help me cook lunch (some simple baked chicken nuggets and mashed potatoes).

I don't know why...but I've really been wanting to be more of an active part in these 2 guy's lives. They're 2 handicap kids my parents are super lucky enough to get to hang with/watch sometimes.
I mean, I do spend a lot of time with them when they're at my parent's house...I really enjoy hanging with them...but we usually just sit around chatting and watching tv the whole day. But I want more than that...something to break up the boredom a bit...board games have been something they've shown interest in...and I'm going to see if the older of the 2 likes to actually be part of the cooking process...I don't know why I haven't thought to try before. I suspect he'll have a blast actually helping!
It's become my unofficial new year's resolution...to find ways to be more interactive with the boys this year. To spend better quality time with them that breaks up the boredom.

I love these kids. <3

I also bought a new board game for them last week I think they'll really enjoy today.

Oh. And I lost my jacket some how.

--
Unmanagable
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-07-17), BellaVita (01-07-17), Fuzzy12 (01-07-17), Simargl (01-07-17)
Old 01-07-17, 12:49 PM

Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,329 Posts
eclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond repute

He asks the same empty questions over and over.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eclectic beagle For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-07-17), Little Missy (01-07-17)
Old 01-07-17, 01:43 PM

Thanked 10,052 Times in 4,476 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectic beagle View Post
He asks the same empty questions over and over.
Probably can't help it, but part of me still wants to start thrashing and lashing.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
eclectic beagle (01-07-17), Little Missy (01-07-17)
Old 01-07-17, 07:30 PM

Ha! Today was great!

The older brother was SO into cooking with me! And I had him do everything. We made some chicken nuggets and he did great. He made the batter/coating and dipped the cut up chicken (using tongs) into butter then the coating and placed them on a pan...then we just had to place them in the oven for a bit...and they turned out great!
Lol typing it up makes it sound boring...but it really was a lot of fun for the both of us .

And the squirrel game is a big hit! Lol it's such a simple game but it was really fun! We were laughing and being all loud and taunting each other and cheering for each other...haha so cool! And I was afraid the youngest was going to have some fine motor skill troubles...but heck no! He was awesome and needed no assistance!

Man I enjoyed today! What a great day with my buddies!

--
Unmanagable
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-07-17), Fuzzy12 (01-07-17), Little Missy (01-07-17), Simargl (01-08-17)
Old 01-07-17, 08:22 PM

Thanked 25,821 Times in 11,995 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Psycho I absolutely love reading about all your activities!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-08-17), Simargl (01-08-17)