ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-16, 06:23 PM
Contributor

julialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud of
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I used to tell them that I don't buy anything over the phone, thanks anyway,
and then hang up.

Now that I have caller ID, if the number isn't one my phone recognizes I let it
go without answering. If it's important they leave a message. Otherwise I just
delete the call.
In the place that I work, we have something called a Do Not Call list. Numbers are added to the list once a person on the line tells us that they Do Not want us to Call them again. I think most tele-whatev-ers have a DNC, and most people don't realize that just hanging up on them won't make a difference, lol. But yeah typically I don't pick up a call if it's from an unknown number. there are too many automated calls now

-neutral milk hotel
Old 12-12-16, 06:28 PM
Contributor

julialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Have been given the advice to not date or have romantic or sexual relationships for a year and I intend to follow it. Yet, I have so many opportunities to get laid all of a sudden.

(And in rehab I found out that I have a sex and love addiction.)
it's good to have you back!!! i hope the past couple months have been beneficial, overall.

sex, love, alcohol. all those things that give you a rush of serotonin, adrenaline, dopamine. makes sense that they go hand in hand! i have total faith in you B)

-neutral milk hotel
Old 12-12-16, 07:27 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,342 Times in 12,688 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Too much stress. I'm exhausted too. 8ve hardly slept for a week now. All in vain. Fuzzling's weight gain hasn't picked up. I was so disappointed. I'd been so sure that it would have improved. I'm also not sure how to supplement with formula. It seems do composted. Again timing is key but how....

As promised gave fuzzling her first bottle of formula. She hardly had any of it but I still feel crappy. Like a failure. B8g fat ugly failure

Also the second condition the benign tumour might be more serious than we thought. They are going to investigate.

On top of that my sister requires surgery suddenly and my mom is going crazy about it. She was just standing in the kitchen unable to move. Has anyone read watership down? They call it tharn if I renumber right. The deer in the headlights state. I don't have time for her though because fuzzling is witching and requires constant attention.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
julialouise (12-14-16), Little Missy (12-12-16), peripatetic (12-15-16), stef (12-13-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-16, 07:58 PM

Thanked 18,864 Times in 10,048 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL is mad because I'm not sitting in that hothouse kitchen on a hard wooden chair and I'm luxuriating in the little velvet swivel rocker and it is cool in here. in her boudoir.

She yells for me every 5 minutes for the time. She's having chili in 5 minutes.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-12-16), stef (12-13-16)
Old 12-12-16, 10:29 PM

Thanked 23,666 Times in 10,943 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by julialouise View Post
In the place that I work, we have something called a Do Not Call list. Numbers are added to the list once a person on the line tells us that they Do Not want us to Call them again. I think most tele-whatev-ers have a DNC, and most people don't realize that just hanging up on them won't make a difference, lol. But yeah typically I don't pick up a call if it's from an unknown number. there are too many automated calls now
I used to do that. Doesn't work with robo-calls.They use all kinds of fake phone
numbers so it doesn't even help to report them.

I still get several a week from "non-geographic" numbers, and once in awhile
they hit on my actual area code. So I check to see if they left a message. No?
Must be a robo-call.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
julialouise (12-14-16)
Old 12-12-16, 10:31 PM

Thanked 23,666 Times in 10,943 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Too much stress. I'm exhausted too. 8ve hardly slept for a week now. All in vain. Fuzzling's weight gain hasn't picked up. I was so disappointed. I'd been so sure that it would have improved. I'm also not sure how to supplement with formula. It seems do composted. Again timing is key but how....

As promised gave fuzzling her first bottle of formula. She hardly had any of it but I still feel crappy. Like a failure. B8g fat ugly failure

Also the second condition the benign tumour might be more serious than we thought. They are going to investigate.

On top of that my sister requires surgery suddenly and my mom is going crazy about it. She was just standing in the kitchen unable to move. Has anyone read watership down? They call it tharn if I renumber right. The deer in the headlights state. I don't have time for her though because fuzzling is witching and requires constant attention.
My daughter nursed her first baby for 3 years! The second one had colic which
was stressful for my daughter, along with going back to work. She wasn't making
enough breast milk, so she supplemented with formula. Not a failure at all.
Just doing what needs to be done to get baby fed.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-12-16), stef (12-13-16)
Old 12-13-16, 03:32 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,638 Times in 6,233 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I ran into extra money last month.

I've now just about ran out.

Life is strictly worse for me without that feeling of financial security. I've fallen a bit into a depression tonight.

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
julialouise (12-14-16), Lunacie (12-13-16)
Old 12-13-16, 03:54 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,254 Times in 11,145 Posts
midnightstar has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Have been given the advice to not date or have romantic or sexual relationships for a year and I intend to follow it. Yet, I have so many opportunities to get laid all of a sudden.

(And in rehab I found out that I have a sex and love addiction.)
Good to have you back here, Hermus
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
Old 12-13-16, 05:40 AM

Thanked 5,902 Times in 2,755 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I used to tell them that I don't buy anything over the phone, thanks anyway,
and then hang up.

Now that I have caller ID, if the number isn't one my phone recognizes I let it
go without answering. If it's important they leave a message. Otherwise I just
delete the call.
That plan works well----

However, from time to time I get a little mischevious:

If the circumstances permit it can be great fun to engage in a conversation and keep it going as long as possible.
You get to the hard sell and you find out every possible detail and convince the caller that they are about to get a sale, then just at the last momentyou say something like
"You are just a voice over the phone. Why should I trust anything you say? Please hang up now before I make a complaint."

Now I have often dreamed of doing something like this-- but always forgot at the critical moment.

My then teenage son did much better-- given a call from a telemarketing person he said

"Thank God you have called. I have just broken up with my girlfriend and I am SO lonely".
The caller hung up real fast-- leaving poor Alex to cope with his loneliness without help

-------- and I thought I was good.
Its certainly nice to know he acquired some good genes from me.

I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.

both by:
Max Planck: Nobel Prize 1918 for inventing quantum physics.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-13-16), Little Missy (12-13-16), Lunacie (12-13-16), psychopathetic (12-13-16), stef (12-13-16)
Old 12-13-16, 07:49 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,913 Times in 12,690 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I am unaturally tired today - I hope it's just because of not sleeping well, because of watching a surprisingly sad film (Turing, omg...)
and cold and damp out
*must not catch cold* *must not catch cold* must not catch cold*
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-13-16), Fuzzy12 (12-13-16), psychopathetic (12-13-16)
Old 12-13-16, 08:05 AM

Thanked 18,864 Times in 10,048 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

It is very, very, unusually long to be so cold here. I don't even want to drive the mile to LOL's. Too cold. Even with The Yeti.

I'm tired of my trunk being iced shut. The wheel wells are God awful. I gave the hunk a kick expecting it to fall and all it did was really hurt my toes in my boots. I should know better.

And then it will be mania there today. Housekeeper day, the dogs...I don't even know why but when the housekeeper is there I leave utterly exhausted at noon.

Oh, and the return of the GD who thinks she's in charge of my schedule during holidays. I have a surprise for Her Flippancy. I need a devil plus fangs emoji.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-13-16), Fuzzy12 (12-13-16), psychopathetic (12-13-16), stef (12-13-16)
Old 12-13-16, 08:34 AM

Thanked 27,342 Times in 12,688 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Things are just awful. Hm....strangely not a word I ever use. It sounds a bit dated. Anyway there's a small chance my sister might have cancer. My brother has got all kinds of stress. Mt parents are of course super worried and I'm totally confused about the whole formula thing. I need to get it right so that fuzzling puts on some weight. Uggh. Just Uggh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-13-16), peripatetic (12-15-16), psychopathetic (12-13-16)
Old 12-13-16, 08:39 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Baby Fuzz-Fuzzling needs to go on an all chocolate milkshake diet? That'd likely chunk her up a bit!
Then we can start calling her Chunky-Chunks!

(((((((Sweet Little Fuzzling)))))))

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-13-16)
Old 12-13-16, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I need a devil plus fangs emoji.

Also, I'm sorry it's going to be such a rough day for you today .
I don't typically mind cold weather, but I can't stand getting my car ready in the mornings in it. Especially scraping off the frost from the windows...or brushing off snow.

At least you got some dogs to hang with. <3

(((((((Lovely Miss Miss)))))))

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-13-16)
Old 12-13-16, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I am unaturally tired today - I hope it's just because of not sleeping well, because of watching a surprisingly sad film (Turing, omg...)
and cold and damp out
*must not catch cold* *must not catch cold* must not catch cold*

(((((((Stefs)))))))

was it called The Imitation Game? What a good film! I was surprised I liked it so much TBH.

Gah...I feel so bad for you all.
You're all having rough goes of things lately and...grrrr I is just has a sads for you .

((((((((((((((All My ADDF'er Friends))))))))))))))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-13-16), Lunacie (12-13-16)
Closed Thread