ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-17, 02:38 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,425 Times in 12,299 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
I just noticed something that I find unusual and don't understand. Why would someone log into a forum and;
  • Only create new threads or
  • Only respond to threads they have created

I just noticed this and it has been going on for a while for multiple accounts. I have no idea whether this is multiple people or not or if this is common on other forums as well. I don't have an issue with this it is that I am surprised I never noticed it before and I don't understand the practice.

Any input would be appreciated so I can get this ridiculous confused look off of my face. TIA, -LN
People come here to ask specific questions or discuss specific problems I guess. Some decide to stick around and participate in other threads.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
julialouise (01-11-17)
Old 01-10-17, 02:46 PM

Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,490 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think there are far too many categories and I can kind of see how some people with ADHD would feel overwhelmed by this and not stick around very long.

I navigate to new threads and posts using the "New Posts" tab. But if you don't stick around long enough to discover this, all the categories can be quite off putting I think.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-10-17), julialouise (01-11-17)
Old 01-10-17, 02:46 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 17,404 Times in 9,963 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just noticed something that I find unusual and don't understand. Why would someone log into a forum and;

I just noticed this and it has been going on for a while for multiple accounts. I have no idea whether this is multiple people or not or if this is common on other forums as well. I don't have an issue with this it is that I am surprised I never noticed it before and I don't understand the practice.

Any input would be appreciated so I can get this ridiculous confused look off of my face. TIA, -LN
Sometimes people come to a forum just to get a question answered then they decide to go elsewhere from the forum and not go back

I myself have done this with one other forum, because I went there, asked something but didn't get a good "feel" from the forum (in part because the moderators there basically let the members police themselves and apparently if you have a cat you are not allowed to post in the dog section there , so I ended up getting piled on by other members so thought sod this I ain't staying where I ain't wanted.)

Does this help, Little Nut?
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-17, 03:24 PM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 5,046 Times in 2,184 Posts
Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Just realized that what I'm actually feeling is sadness and loneliness and that the way I respond to that is with anger. Instead of letting myself be comforted, this way I push people away.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-10-17), Fuzzy12 (01-10-17), julialouise (01-11-17), Lunacie (01-10-17)
Old 01-10-17, 05:26 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Little Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to behold

Sorry didn't communicate it well. Not someone who only posts a few times and leaves. Someone that posts on the forum often over an extended period of time, but never posts(or virtually never) to threads created by someone else.

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-10-17)
Old 01-10-17, 06:08 PM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 5,046 Times in 2,184 Posts
Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

My house mate might have an issue with addiction as well. I can determine with 99 percent certainty if he is at home by whether the hallway smells of weed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-10-17), julialouise (01-11-17)
Old 01-10-17, 06:14 PM

Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,490 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

I just boiled pasta, then spilt it all into the sink as I was draining it. (Note to self, don't touch drainer when you've just poured boiling hot water into it.... it makes the metal hot!)

My hand stings now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-10-17), julialouise (01-11-17), Simargl (01-10-17)
Old 01-10-17, 06:34 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry didn't communicate it well. Not someone who only posts a few times and leaves. Someone that posts on the forum often over an extended period of time, but never posts(or virtually never) to threads created by someone else.
Why do you mind ?

Some people might not be doing well enough to contribute to someone else's thread, they might not know what to say, they might not be confident enough to share their opinions on other people problems, they might worry about saying the wrong thing or they might feel too vulnerable to get involved with someone else's problems. Or they might just not be interested.

Who knows. They might contribute more in the future when they can. Or they might not. It's all fine. We've got enough active members so that most threads do get a decent number of replies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
julialouise (01-11-17), Lunacie (01-10-17)
Old 01-10-17, 06:38 PM

Quote:
You are not talking about me are you? ?

(*trying to remember when i posted last on someone else's thread...*)
Simargl (01-10-17)
Old 01-10-17, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
I just boiled pasta, then spilt it all into the sink as I was draining it. (Note to self, don't touch drainer when you've just poured boiling hot water into it.... it makes the metal hot!)

My hand stings now.
Ouch. I once spilt boiling water on my tummy 2hile draining pasta. The remained for years.

Hope you didn't burn yourself too badly.
Fraser_0762 (01-10-17)
Old 01-10-17, 06:41 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,697 Times in 8,870 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

It's because forums are all about involvement. The one and only reason to post on a forum (as opposed to, for example, a blog) is to mutually discuss things.

It's like going to a concert and bringing along a loudspeaker to play other music. Everyone is entitled to their own music, but not at a concert. Similarly, everyone is entitled to not participate in mutual discussions, but not entitled to go to a mutual-discussions place to do so.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 01-10-17, 08:42 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Little Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to beholdLittle Nut is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Why do you mind ?

Some people might not be doing well enough to contribute to someone else's thread, they might not know what to say, they might not be confident enough to share their opinions on other people problems, they might worry about saying the wrong thing or they might feel too vulnerable to get involved with someone else's problems. Or they might just not be interested.

Who knows. They might contribute more in the future when they can. Or they might not. It's all fine. We've got enough active members so that most threads do get a decent number of replies.

Don't mind at all. Mentioned that in my OP. I just couldn't think of reason(s) to do that and my thoughts got stuck on that. I figured this was a good thread to dump my question, get it off of my mind and maybe get it answered is all. Anywhoo...thx for input. -LN
Fuzzy12 (01-10-17)
Old 01-10-17, 08:49 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
You are not talking about me are you? ?

(*trying to remember when i posted last on someone else's thread...*)
Heaven's no. In your case, I would just PM you. If I was clowning I would be very explicit while trying to appear subtle (If that makes any sense.) -LN
Fuzzy12 (01-10-17)
Old 01-10-17, 09:32 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,886 Times in 9,300 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

I feel very achy all over

Plus a headache
Old 01-10-17, 09:39 PM

Thanked 16,960 Times in 9,117 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaVita View Post
I feel very achy all over

Plus a headache
That's how mine started.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-10-17)