ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 01-09-17, 03:46 PM

Kasia0707 is on a distinguished road
Identical Twin Boys 12 years Old - Aggressive

I have twin identical boys 12 years old, they were both diagnosed with ADHD at 3 years old. Twin 1, can cope without meds at home but requires meds at school, on 20mg lisdexamphetimine.

Twin 2 has severe ADHD, without meds he is unable to function. Wakes up in the morning and screams and cannot function if he hasn't had his meds. He has no consideration for anyone else and he stabbed me with a screw driver the other day out of frustration. I am at my wits end, no one is supporting me and they don't go to bed till 3 am.
Old 01-09-17, 04:47 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,697 Times in 8,870 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Identical Twin Boys 12 years Old - Aggressive

Welcome to the forum!

First, you need support, now. Today's problem is nothing, compared to the problem of trying to manage on your own.

Have you explored the possibility of previously unnoticed autistic traits?
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-10-17), Fraser_0762 (01-09-17)
Old 01-09-17, 05:38 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,800 Times in 7,942 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

if you have been dealing with this a long time and the childrens dr is aware, you need a new doctor stat. This is such a big problem I'm sure you know that tips and tricks aren't going to cut it. Children need 10 hours of sleep and sometimes more. Sleep deprivation and trying to manage adhd for an adult is nigh impossible fora child, poor things. They need help, i know it's makingg life hell for you but it is for them too.

They need sleep above all else!

Ask your doc for help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-10-17), peripatetic (01-10-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-17, 10:08 AM
Contributor

Caco3girl is a glorious beacon of lightCaco3girl is a glorious beacon of lightCaco3girl is a glorious beacon of lightCaco3girl is a glorious beacon of lightCaco3girl is a glorious beacon of light

Just my opinion here...that doesn't sound like ADHD. Not that it isn't there but it sounds like something else major is going on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caco3girl For This Useful Post:
dvdnvwls (01-10-17)
Old 01-12-17, 01:43 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 27,471 Times in 12,299 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Physical violence is not a typical adhd thing- its a sign of something serious and needs asap care.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.