ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 08-01-08, 01:24 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice
transitioning to adderall from concerta

Obviously I generally take concerta and have for a long time . I'm trying to switch over to adderall for 3-4 months and see how I do. Until now I have really been unable to give it a fair shake due to the fact that I have continuos job stress being a broker and live in an environment that gives me quite a bit of allergy sinus issues. What I've done is to slowly add adderall in small increments to my daily concerta dosage while lowering my concerta dosages to see how it works. For example if I generally take one 54mg cap of concerta with one 36mg concerta in the morning , then I'm taking the 54mg concerta with 20mg adderall. I'm trying it out this way so my body gets used to the medication while I adjust and my doctor said this was okay since it's dose equivalent.....

The odd thing is that adderall taken with concerta seems to be working wonders. Anybody have any reasons this may be? In the past taking adderall only coming from concerta has just made me feel tired and sleepy , but now with my regiment of slowly adding adderall while reducing concerta is working well.... Any ideas why this phenomenon is occuring this way?
Old 05-15-09, 01:30 PM
Jr Member

bluewaterbob is on a distinguished road
Re: transitioning to adderall from concerta

hollywood, I had the same problem of foggy-tiredness switching abruptly from concerta to adderall. Its been 5 months since your post, how did it go. Still on Adderall or is a mix of the two working?

Also you mentioned a stressful job. Stress makes your system very acidic and that could be causing you to metabolize the time released meds too quickly after you've been on them long-term. Avoiding juices, and supplements and foods to make you more alkaline might give you good long-term results.
Old 05-15-09, 03:40 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice
Re: transitioning to adderall from concerta

right at the point when I was supposed to trial adderall and adderall ir in a larger dose most likely due to job stress and high metabolism , well right when things were going well I added an antidepressant to my meds. I was doing fine , but then all of a sudden everything gets put on hold. I still need to trial adderall properly , and I haven't done so. I wish I had more input on this one.
Sponsored Links