ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-18, 10:40 PM

sopranotraveler is on a distinguished road
ADHD coaching--it's so expensive!

There are wonderful ADHD coaches, but they tend to be expensive. There's tele-coaching, but often my issues tie into my physical environment and I need someone to help me in person.

Are there coaches who are less expensive or work pro bono?

And, are there any ADHD camps for adults? I'm serious!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sopranotraveler For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (01-04-18), namazu (01-06-18)
Old 01-05-18, 08:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,555 Times in 856 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADHD coaching--it's so expensive!

I was thinking about a combination life coach/ADHD coach but way too $$$. I don't know of cheaper ones. There are camps for everything else, why not ADHD?? If not, a bunch of us should start one!
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following User Says Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
namazu (01-06-18)
Old 01-14-18, 10:32 AM

Thanked 1,860 Times in 1,180 Posts
Pilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud of

Talk to someone who is older who has ADD , use there perspective.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pilgrim For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-14-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-18, 10:09 PM

Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,204 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't rule out telecoaching.

The physical space issue ... I think that is down the line of priorities ... and trust me: a good ADHD coach can well imagine how chaotic our physical space is.

I did 8 weeks of telecoaching, and it was wonderful. The coached just helped with my strategic thinking and a lot with how to make my job easier to complete and less stressful.

You can take pix of space these days and send to the coach. There is no magic from the person entering your space ... Getting space together is really a long-term thing ... and my sense is that there are a lot of other basic mental processes that need to be in place before we can get our space in reasonably neat shape. After all, it's easy to fix up one's space with help. That's nothing. The challenge is maintaining that neat space, and having a system for maintaining that space.

But maybe I'm missing what you don't like about telecoaching. Perhaps you don't feel you pay attention as well? ... I'm betting that telecoaching these days can also include skyping, where you do see the person.

If you can afford therapy, it is possible to find a therapist who can serve as a sorta coach, and then you're having insurance pay for that.

Tone
Old 01-15-18, 03:47 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,936 Times in 14,760 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what the cost difference is between telecoaching and actual in person coaching?

I carried a watermelon?