ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-18, 10:08 AM

sakurasanta86 is on a distinguished road
Finally registered. Procrastination waning, only took 15 months.

Hi, I'm 37, male, and was tested for/diagnosed with moderate/severe adult ADHD in Oct 2016.

I have about a billion hobbies/interests. Heavy Woodworking/processing, light metalworkibg/welding, video games, movies, Electronics (audio), snowboarding, mountain biking, target shooting/making ammunition, getting my jeep absolutely nasty. And stopping now, the list wont end... I like to make things, perfect...perfectly imperfect... oh no... here we go. problem #27635.

Ok. I'll get this disclaimer posted here. I, very rarely, mean offense. I am sometimes quite direct/short/blunt. Other times i cant get a two sentences tied together to make a 7. I really truly appreciate direct communication.

If you leave it to me to guess at meaning or infer; I might read the same thing three different ways, 30 minutes apart. If I am offensive, please tell me: I do not wish to be.
If I seem abrasive to you, please send me a PM to let me know exactly why you see it that way. I am working on learning some social skills that I never knew existed. I've only had a year of experience with some things. And yes I felt quite idiotic when, at 37, I started noticing new social cues and asking people what they meant.
The Following User Says Thank You to sakurasanta86 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-31-18)
Old 05-31-18, 02:41 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,025 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Finally registered. Procrastination waning, only took 15 months.

Hello and welcome
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

Old 05-31-18, 03:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,454 Times in 11,837 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello! Sounds like you'll fit right in around here.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-18, 03:13 PM

Thanked 33,489 Times in 15,133 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the forums!
Old 05-31-18, 04:35 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

Hey now. I'm the hobby overachiever on this forum! You can't come in and outdo me!

joking.

A person after my own heart with the hobbies. You seem interesting. Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-31-18, 04:40 PM
Contributor

Funky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome! I too was diagnosed at 37 years old, in October 2015. So I absolutely get where you're coming from. It hasn't even been 3 years yet, and I have learned so much about myself, my brain, my personality, and my coping mechanisms, that it's almost like I am a new person these days. It's an ongoing quest though, there is so much to learn, so much to experience, so much to figure out. You definitely come to the right place, one of the most amazing things about this forum is that you really are dealing with people who share a common situation with you and our are most of the time much more understanding than the average people you meet in everyday life.

Read up, study up, and don't be afraid to ask questions. We're all in this together, and from what I've seen at least, we all want to do what we can to help each other while in turn helping ourselves to better navigate the world of attention deficit disorder.