ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-18, 03:59 AM

NthnBxa is on a distinguished road
Hi from Australia

Hi All

Im from Melbourne Australia

Got diagnosed at 40 with ADHD

Was referred to a ADHD psychiatrist from a general psychiatrist, he diagnosed me pretty quickly, i agree with him as what he said makes sense and the research i did backs it up.

He's prescribed me Dexamphetamine and im currently trying to figure out the correct dosage.

Current situation for me is no motivation to do anything, i think this is due to previous events in life with the weight of ADHD making things worse, i even have trouble researching and following up on getting the ADHD sorted out.

Anyway its good to find this place.

Can anyone point me in a direction i should be heading in?
Old 04-11-18, 01:48 PM
ADDvanced Member

Kaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to all
Re: Hi from Australia

Hi and welcome!

Happy for you to have your diagnose and medication so quickly (i mean the proces of it... not your age ;-)) although i was 52!). I can still be overwhelmed on this forum, for me it works to search on topics that have my interest, or start topics myself when i have any special questions. The latter has helped me very much, especially when i began with medication. Good luck!
Old 04-26-18, 07:49 AM

realityseeker is on a distinguished road

Hey mate.. New here also, welcome to the journey.

Just recently diagnosed at 34 myself, primary inattentive.

Starting to trial the best dosage for my 5mg dexamphetamine tablets.

I started with 5mg to see if there was any noticeable change in concentration, focus and motivation. Found that I had to increase to 2x5mg, which seems optimum for me at the moment - taken 3x a day, four hours apart.

But it really is trial and error from what I can gather, so I can't say that that would work for you in any way.

Did your doc say anything about Vyvanse while you were there?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-18, 08:22 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,803 Times in 2,073 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys.

Yep trial and error. In the beginning I was 5mg at 6am, 9am, 12pm and 3pm.

Take the minimum dose to be effective.

I've been off meds for nearly 5 years after having been on them for the previous 13.

Good luck
Old 05-13-18, 11:16 PM
Jr Member

Jaykay8 is on a distinguished road

hey buddy I'm an Aussie bloke who also got diagnosed at 40. Following that I learnt all about adult adhd & man did it explain a lot. I am on 2 Dex a day but next appt I'm gonna ask for 3 a day - so that would be 2 when I get up and 1 in the arvo. That seems about right for me. I also reckon it depends on your height/weight etc.. I am 5ft 8" and 73kg.

Last edited by Jaykay8; 05-13-18 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-14-18, 11:37 AM

Jeremiah26:11 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the Forum! I hope you get answers to your questions and learn more about ADD just as I am doing! Have fun!
Old 06-14-18, 02:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,450 Times in 11,835 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome.

Please note that there is a bug on the front page of the forums.

If you try to log in at addforums.com , you may see an error message that says
you don't have permission to access the site.

If you go to addforums.com/forums instead, that may solve the problem!

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me