ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-08, 08:54 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,112 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: About to apply for disability :( I can't believe its come to this..

Nick: That may be the case in the States but in Australia work history is irrelevant as far as employment agencies are concerned but since movingshadow doesn't live in Australia then he'll either have to apply for disability or find someone who can help him with the employment issues he is experiencing, he also mentioned that he had a long term job...shouldn't that make some kind of difference???

Zachary: Have you considered going back to college perhaps??

Selena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickL30 View Post
Employment agencies WILL NOT help you unless you have a stable work history.

The job market now is really a tale of 2 extremes (at least in the NE & NYC area). Fields like finance, accounting, law, construction are booming and there aren't enough people But if you have that less than perfect work history, you cannot find a job. I get more calls from recruiters & companies than I can return, but I cannot get a job offer.