ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 09-06-04, 08:32 PM
Jr Member

Add1234 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have crashed after a days worth of work?

Like say you take your Adderall and you go to work, you do your work, then you come home and just crash. Does this happen a lot? Also do you feel pooped the next day? This happend to me at a previous job and I ended up quitting because I think the Adderall made me crash.
Old 09-06-04, 08:55 PM
Contributor

gingagirl will become famous soon enough
I used to crash after work ...I could go home and sleep through dinner, sometimes even slept thru the night. I spoke with my dr and he recommended taking a second dose of adderal in the afternoon. I resisted, tried taking only half a dose in the afternoon, but it didn't help. Now I take a full second dose of Adderal in the afternoon. I'm still fiddling with the timing of the second dose, but taking a second dose is already making an enormous difference for me.

When I start a new job, I am always exhausted at the end of the day. It takes me a long time (3 - 6 weeks) to adjust to the change, but eventually I'm not so exhausted by work.

"They call me lazy, but it takes all my time..." -- Joe Walsh
"The absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence." -- unknown
Old 09-06-04, 09:17 PM

wasted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Add1234
Like say you take your Adderall and you go to work, you do your work, then you come home and just crash. Does this happen a lot? Also do you feel pooped the next day? This happend to me at a previous job and I ended up quitting because I think the Adderall made me crash.
yep. me. and that's with several doses/day. i get so tired/spaced out that i then forget to TAKE my meds:

i think the exhaustion that comes from a full day of productive work, or at least more productive than you can usually be w/o medication, comes from the fact that our brains aren't used to all the "exercise" for hours straight? i have no idea really, it's just a thought.

[ 20 yea
r old female student from california, usa ]

i love... animals, photography, drawing (pencil, pen & ink), painting, beading, collages, playing piano & violin, alternative and rock music, night time, the moon, fall weather, ice skating, horseback riding, water polo, collecting vintage care bears, rainbow brite and strawberry shortcake memorabilia

i'm hoping to become... a photographer, graphic designer, film editor or veterinarian.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-04, 04:43 PM
ADDvanced Member

jayblaze2 is on a distinguished road
I Take Adderall 3 Times A Day. My Last Dose Depends On My Mood. Yes You Will Be Tired Some Mornings And Maybe Not On Others. I Need My Meds To Work All Day Some People Are That Way. You Should Try It. Maybe Dont Take Them On The Weekends Or Lower Your Dosage On The Weekend. I Take What Ever I Feel Is Right For Me To Focus.