ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Convulsants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-13, 02:32 AM
Contributor

Jshect is just really niceJshect is just really niceJshect is just really niceJshect is just really nice
Question Lamictal induced hypomania, but I do not want to stop it. any suggestions?

I started Lamictal but it induced a somewhat pleasant hypomanic episode, but I do not want to stop it because this med had made me less angry.

I found this on another forum
"It should be noted that Lamictal can induce hypomania in a bipolar while they are titrating up. Typically in the 50-100mg range hypomania can occur. Once you get to your optimal dose it seems to settle down."

Has anyone had this experience? Have you had hypomania until you reached the optimal dose? Once you reached that optimal dose did you still notice the antidepressant effects? How did you feel when you reached the optimal dose?
Old 11-28-13, 03:22 AM
Contributor

Jshect is just really niceJshect is just really niceJshect is just really niceJshect is just really nice
Re: Lamictal induced hypomania, but I do not want to stop it. any suggestions?

I guess a better title for this thread would be "How do I reduce or eliminate a Lamictal-induced hypomanic-like episode, without actually discontinuing the med?
Old 12-25-13, 01:55 AM
Contributor

Come on people!! Has anyone on here started Lamictal at a low dose, had hypomania, and then had the hypomania disappear later when they moved to a higher dose or added another med??
I'm on other medications that interact with the Lamictal so I wonder if they had anything to do with the strong mania? For instance, I am on Trazadone, klonapin, oxcarbazapine (Trileptal), Loxapine, Bupropion, Deplin, and a Beta Blocker. Damn that's a lot of medications. I spend a fortune on those meds too!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-14, 08:36 PM
Contributor

karbouris will become famous soon enough

I think that the trazadone or Buspar could be causing the problem. describe the hypomania, is it just restlessness or agiation or?
I am 25 years old, and a SAHM of 2 kids. I have been on and off Ritalin for over years. My candy flavors right now, are Qullivant XR 5mils in the morning and 2 at night. I also take 20mgs of Paxil. I have a current diagnosis of ADHD, OCD and Anxiety with some massive agitation. Dr thinks this is caused bipolar, but is not 100% sure.