ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-15, 02:31 PM

SlicksandStones is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb 40 & FINALLY figured out what's wrong with me

Hi, I am Tonia a 40 yr old female who has struggled all my life with emotional/psychological problems and just had drs. Slap anti depressants at me which did virtually nothing for my issues. Finally I stumbled across an article that was titled, "Your not CRAZY, Your ADHD" and all be darned if this didn't fit me to a T. I thought the author was speaking of my life. So then the wheels starting turning and a mo th later I saw 3 dr's and finally an ADHD Innatentive type dx and was started on Vyvanse. My reason for finding this forum was searching for answers to the Vyvanse driven terrible headache. I will post in the appropriate forum after this Intro (well hope to anyway, u know i can't seem to finish anything I start) I just want to know if this darn headache will stop soon? I'm on day 5. Day 1 and 2 were great until the headache started, then my productivity and clear headedness was taken over by the severe headache that seems to linger constantly. I even wake up with the worst one ever. And through the day it may subside very briefly with Ibuprofen use but it soon regains with a vengence. Will it subside? Will I possibly have this with all stimulants? Is there anything I can take for relief? And more importantly, WHY DOES IT CAUSE THE HEADACHE TO BEGIN WITH? Is it the stimulant itself or possibly inactive ingredient allergy?
Old 09-13-15, 07:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,379 Times in 12,051 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 40 & FINALLY figured out what's wrong with me

Aspirin! And coffee!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 09-29-15, 07:29 PM

gothceltgirl is on a distinguished road

It could be that Vyvanse just isn't right for you. Vyvanse didn't agree with me at all. There are a few choices though. Maybe you should ask for something else. That sounds like a very unpleasant side-effect. There's no reason to suffer.

Oh & I'm 40 too BTW
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-15, 01:28 AM

Jay2213 is on a distinguished road

Hi Tonia, I tried Vyvanse last week and it didn't work for me, all of the side effects and none of the benefits. Keep talking to your Doctor and let them know about your progress.
It's all experimentation until you find what works.