ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 09-28-16, 08:15 PM
Contributor

julialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud of
Re: Buzz Cut for women? I totally dig it.

i love the low maintenance but now the side of my hair that isn't shaved is long enough to fit into a ponytail that i keep on the side of my head (its really frickin cute especially bc my hair is a faded pink - i have brown hair but i bleached and colored it - and my hair is curly/wavy and UGH so good, i used to HATE my hair because it was so thick and unruly) and its actually even more convenient for me now because i can pull it to the side and not worry about washing it for a couple days..... or more......... im not sure if i'll ever shave my ENTIRE head but honestly it would look good too and it might happen when i'm older. its just that it takes soooo long for my hair to grow and i HATE the process of growing it out from a short style (the awkward lengths and awkward curls and UGH)

-neutral milk hotel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julialouise For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-28-16), stef (09-29-16), Twiggy (09-29-16)
Old 09-28-16, 09:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,983 Times in 6,694 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by salleh View Post
I'm 66 so I am supposed to have short hair .....women of a certain age are not supposed to have long hair doncha know ......f*** 'em ......
I hate that aspect of culture.

Any time I see an older woman with long silver, grey, and/or white hair, I compliment her...not as a matter of habit, but because it always does look beautiful to me.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Hermus (09-30-16), Lunacie (10-01-16), stef (09-29-16), Twiggy (09-29-16)
Old 09-28-16, 10:02 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,031 Times in 556 Posts
Twiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Buzz Cut for women? I totally dig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Just one advice: Don't do it!
I've buzzed my hair before and love it.

I don't understand why some men are so against it. Does it make a man feel less like a man?
Does a woman automatically become ugly or something when she buzzes her hair?

Why can men have long hair and people are totally ok with it?

BUT OOHH NOOO (world starts crumbling).... People lose their minds when women get buzz cuts.

What's with that?

Society needs to stop being so shallow. Hair doesn't make a woman nor make a man.

Rx= Nothing. Can't due to medical reasons.

Past Rx= Vyvanse 30mg (6/13/14), Adderall 15mg 1/7/14, Medical Marijuana, Smokeless Tobacco, Adderall IR 25mg 4/23/13, Dexedrine IR 20mg, Ritalin IR 60mg.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Twiggy For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-28-16), julialouise (09-29-16), Little Missy (09-29-16), namazu (09-30-16), stef (09-29-16), Unmanagable (09-30-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-16, 10:26 AM

Thanked 22,379 Times in 12,051 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Little heads and certain faces can really rock it well.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (09-29-16), namazu (09-30-16), stef (09-30-16), Twiggy (09-29-16)
Old 09-29-16, 05:21 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,031 Times in 556 Posts
Twiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to behold

I did the deed.
My hair is super soft when I buzz it. Plus it looks good without any real upkeep or maintenance.
I highly recommend every women to buzz their hair off at least once in their life.

Rx= Nothing. Can't due to medical reasons.

Past Rx= Vyvanse 30mg (6/13/14), Adderall 15mg 1/7/14, Medical Marijuana, Smokeless Tobacco, Adderall IR 25mg 4/23/13, Dexedrine IR 20mg, Ritalin IR 60mg.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Twiggy For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-29-16), julialouise (09-29-16), Little Missy (09-29-16), namazu (09-30-16), stef (09-30-16), Unmanagable (09-30-16)
Old 09-30-16, 05:08 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I love my long hair. Right now its purple but when it goes white I plan on keeping the long flowing white hair. I also love the buzz cut. I cant pull it off but my son's girlfriend has one and shes a cutie.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Hermus (09-30-16), julialouise (10-01-16), namazu (09-30-16), stef (09-30-16), Unmanagable (09-30-16)
Old 09-30-16, 11:41 AM

Thanked 21,938 Times in 7,993 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

i would love a buzz cut but will never get one. My head is big
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
namazu (09-30-16)
Old 09-30-16, 12:08 PM

Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,462 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I've buzzed my hair before and love it.

I don't understand why some men are so against it. Does it make a man feel less like a man?
Does a woman automatically become ugly or something when she buzzes her hair?

Why can men have long hair and people are totally ok with it?

BUT OOHH NOOO (world starts crumbling).... People lose their minds when women get buzz cuts.

What's with that?

Society needs to stop being so shallow. Hair doesn't make a woman nor make a man.
Why can't men wear make-up? Same thing.

A woman with short hair/a buzzcut is just not for me. Some women can have it, sure. But those same women in general would look even better with long hair.

Even on men I think buzzcuts are not great by the way. Unless a man is bald, hair is always preferable to me.
Old 09-30-16, 12:12 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,802 Times in 14,078 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why can't men wear make-up? Same thing.

A woman with short hair/a buzzcut is just not for me. Some women can have it, sure. But those same women in general would look even better with long hair.

Even on men I think buzzcuts are not great by the way. Unless a man is bald, hair is always preferable to me.
With makeup though, there's not the same stigma towards men wearing makeup than there is to women having very short hair. I remember as a kid I had short hair and that was one of the things I got picked on at school for and was called a boy more times than I can remember.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

Old 09-30-16, 12:14 PM

Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,462 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Euhm, I don't usually see men wearing make-up. But unless you are a goth I don't think it's that accepted. There is a difference between the sexes that makes people physically attractive to each other. Let's celebrate that instead of reducing all differences to make everyone look alike.
Old 09-30-16, 12:19 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,802 Times in 14,078 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Euhm, I don't usually see men wearing make-up. But unless you are a goth I don't think it's that accepted. There is a difference between the sexes that makes people physically attractive to each other. Let's celebrate that instead of reducing all differences to make everyone look alike.
Might not be accepted here you are but where I live, men can wear what they like and do what they like and nobody gives a crap. If a woman says sod it and does/wears what she wants society tries pressuring her to "fit in".
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-30-16), namazu (09-30-16)
Old 09-30-16, 12:41 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,420 Times in 10,806 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's celebrate that instead of reducing all differences to make everyone look alike.
Hermus, the world contains multitudes.

Just because you happen to fancy women with long hair doesn't mean everyone does, and some people don't really care what other people think, anyway.

I mean, you're entitled to have your personal preferences, sure!

But to reduce women generally to objects of sexual attraction whose hair is there for men's aesthetic pleasure? To insist that women everywhere ought to "celebrate our differences" (from men) by conforming to your arbitrary standard of beauty? That's awfully retrograde.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
julialouise (10-01-16), Little Missy (09-30-16), midnightstar (09-30-16)
Old 09-30-16, 04:58 PM

Thanked 22,379 Times in 12,051 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

You know what I think?

Suum cuique pulchrum est, to each his own is beautiful.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-01-16), namazu (09-30-16)
Old 09-30-16, 06:00 PM
ADDvanced Member

karenparker is a jewel in the roughkarenparker is a jewel in the roughkarenparker is a jewel in the rough

I don't think I'd go for a buzz cut, but I recently cut my hair very short keeping only the fringe longer. It felt really liberating, especially after all those years I'd spend thinking about what others think.
I love it - the way it looks and also how much easier it made my mornings.

I really hate the notion that femininity is all about the length of the hair or whatever other silly ideas people come up with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karenparker For This Useful Post:
julialouise (10-01-16), namazu (09-30-16)
Old 09-30-16, 06:06 PM
ADDvanced Member

karenparker is a jewel in the roughkarenparker is a jewel in the roughkarenparker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Might not be accepted here you are but where I live, men can wear what they like and do what they like and nobody gives a crap. If a woman says sod it and does/wears what she wants society tries pressuring her to "fit in".
Really? I mean, I do encounter men wearing full face makeup and I think it's great, but I would never think it's more socially acceptable than for women to have short hair.
The Following User Says Thank You to karenparker For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (10-01-16)