ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-07, 07:35 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 6,132 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The post is far to big for me to even begin reading it
So just read parts of it.

Before I began moderating I would read the initial post and maybe the first three or four responses {if they weren't too long} then I would read the shorter post unless the thread is pages long then I skip to the last page and read the last three or four post. . . .

I still do that in other areas I don't moderate. I have been here a while and some people who write longer post I now read simply because I know the person well enough have grown to like their post. You just got to read enough to know what the topic is that is all. . . . well unless you are moderating that area then it is a bit different then.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 08-17-07, 01:54 PM
Jr Member

Expressions is on a distinguished road
I guess because of me being only 13 I don't fully get what the article means, but also it's really sunny out side and the light of it is shining right on my computer screen, so I could only read parts of it. If it hadn't been for the sun I would of read the whole thing though. Anyway the thing about making friends with your ADD or ADHD, I'm not completely there and I probably want have to be there for a couple of more years, but I sorta am friends with it. I can tell that I think out of the box and come up with cool idea for projects and reports at school and I am also very creative. This summer I read all 7 of the Harry Potter books, which I would of never of been able to when
I was in elementry school. I'm very proud of my self. I realize that my disorder is not all bad, that it sets me apart in good ways and bad from everyone else and it makes me different which is something I strive for every day. I'm still kinda confused on the article but it's okay.
Old 04-26-13, 09:48 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Location: you carry your claim wherever you go - bob wier ACE
Thanked 1,469 Times in 924 Posts
Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future
Re: Making Friends with ADHD -positive article on befriending our ADD/HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
HUH???....you're to deep for me. Dumb it down a little for me, I've spent all day with a 3 year old.
You all ..... i love ya!

*sends hugs for u and 3 yr old

im a newb aware that i don't like guidelines or politically correct-ness that restricts my constitutional rights but hey, i have more to learn than to say of value, in my sick mind and painful body

truth to power? who coined that term lol? and you're all so helpful

thanks from this newbish - ya cheered me up

~ Sir Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-13, 04:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Location: you carry your claim wherever you go - bob wier ACE
Thanked 1,469 Times in 924 Posts
Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future
Re: Making Friends with ADHD -positive article on befriending our ADD/HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expressions View Post
I guess because of me being only 13 I don't fully get what the article means, but also it's really sunny out side and the light of it is shining right on my computer screen, so I could only read parts of it. If it hadn't been for the sun I would of read the whole thing though. Anyway the thing about making friends with your ADD or ADHD, I'm not completely there and I probably want have to be there for a couple of more years, but I sorta am friends with it. I can tell that I think out of the box and come up with cool idea for projects and reports at school and I am also very creative. This summer I read all 7 of the Harry Potter books, which I would of never of been able to when
I was in elementry school. I'm very proud of my self. I realize that my disorder is not all bad, that it sets me apart in good ways and bad from everyone else and it makes me different which is something I strive for every day. I'm still kinda confused on the article but it's okay.
I'm alot older than you and in the same boat. Your honesty inspires me to reply. I've only JUST allowed myself to be in acceptance mode ignoring the labels and essentially just...trusting that instead of finding scapegoats for my issues that maybe it's in my best interest to reconsider how i perceive what's going on inside me.

That is, instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater denying it's my problem and is society's problem - that it's ok ....i have these labeled illness' and symptoms in varying degrees ...I'm accepting this premise. Because it brought peace immediately.

Ok, i said to myself, i'm sick. I'm not going to fear or fight it anymore. Maybe if I stop running as fast as i can making money etc and i just sit in my 'disability' and do the therapy work and rest....being 'poor' is worth it.

I read the book I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can at your age, and it was when I knew I had 'issues'...13 is a time i recall so fondly. And, with some horror. Hormones make 'it all' so much more confusing at times. Anyway, my decision to just BE sick and seek treatment and not try to 'make it' in the world has been the greatest thing for me.

I was always too slick for my own good. Now I see the double edged sword of that. I tailored my illness' around my work. So, i knew i didn't want to sit still and that I had a voice. I decided to find my first job by deciding who did i want to be around? Who would make me feel 'ok'. I did 2 yr job stints like that to make it and be true to my illness.

Point is i realize that I did honor the illness by finding work that would help support it rather than hurt it and me or others in the process. Self employment was the best. If you can live with the fear. I'm good at living in fear and making money under duress. That's just me cus I never had a net.

I guess when you got only yourself and you're willing to be true to yourself and believe in yourself at the same time...you will find success' and healing.

I know there is NO panacea. I learned only in my old age lol that no one but ME can make or break me.....if i would only do the work without the stress of 'making it'....and listen to what I was feeling...instead of looking for others to 'make me well'.....and to get the meds when it all felt 'too much'. Even though i played the system and never revealed much of what was going on but a bit of it. It's only after severe trauma, death, loss, severe betrayals that i just got that it's time to retire and just heal. No more 'balancing act'. For now. The only thing 'certain' is change.

it's a work in progress and never ending....the best i've got to date is i'm learning to just wait....before i act. And, to do my research and rest.

lastly, i gave up withholding my voice about my illness' cus now i don't have to pretend cus i'm not working anymore. So, all the years of never talking or admitting to it is being over compensated now....i know 'this too shall pass'

This forum is a tribe. It's healing in it's own right. Sometimes there's just nothing to be done but be with it and your own kind. Most of society doesn't get that yet. Maybe we'll help them 'see' and 'feel' how magnificent a gift that really is once we can start naming it. Who made the 'rule' that we all have to 'be' something other than what we already are? It's just something that's been in me since i was your age. I couldn't go live on a mountain in Tibet and turn my back on the world, but i didn't have to let the world dictate to me how or who I AM or who i'm gonna be...it's alot of work when u are also sick with these super sensitive illness', imo...AND out of the void of nothingness came some amazing support and creative success. It feels like you're always being pushed out of some nest...with rewards. ( hope this makes some sense to ya)

I want to call out the quacks, the cons, the abusers, the power users and reclaim our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and i know that starts with me at home. And, doing it with polite respect on social media. I feel that silence equals death. But, i don't share my illness' with anyone, ever until now. That's alot of years in denial repressing....and it leaks out and people don't get why they feel threatened or uncomfortable by your very presence. So society gangs up on ya...we all give up at times - i did...but if i'm 'down' now i also know i ain't out.

As a sales manager i learned that there's a million ways it may not work but when you keep going you'll get to the one that does and boy is that the best.

I'm here learning the rest.

I wish i had this place at 13. Would've saved me alot of stress.

~ Sir Winston Churchill