ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-08, 09:26 PM
ADDvanced Member

ikgbixcal has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Arrow 4 year Dextromethorphan addiction

i would drink dxm up to 5-6 times a week sumtimes a week binge. i used it to self medicate because i didnt wanna tell my parents i was really depressed. when i self medicated on it it made all my anxietys much better no depression at all happy with life. i had so many problems that i was doing it. growing up with a alcoholic dad for my life not any more he quit. i just couldnt take the constint argueing every nite. it was hard im sure you know how it was for me. so i just self medicated and just bloked all that out like i was in a different reliety. finally about a week ago i quit taking dxm but im sure i will do it again just because how it makes me feel and makes life for me so much better. ive quit so many times but about a 2-3 weeks im back on it. im on wellbutrin300mg xl cymbalta 60mg vyvanse 60mg seroquel200mg klonopine .5mg as needed and finally ambein 12.5mg. yes its a lot but it helps. ive taking dxm many of times with wellbutrin ssri's and other things. i hate this addiction but it will finally cath up to me and bite me in tha *** and then ill learn my leason. peace i hope some people read this. thank you and i hope i didnt waste any1's time.

peace, joe