ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 06-04-10, 10:21 AM

tommy peps will become famous soon enough
ADDerall not helping with hyperness but xanex did

i've been taking adderall IR for about a month and while its working i can focus well, but it doesn't seem to be helping with my hyperactivity...

beyond the fact that it only works for a short while after i take the pills (about an hour- hour and a half) but i'm only on 5 mg 3 times a day right now...

i will be getting my dose up'd here in a few days i think but if its not helping now with the hyperness will it when my dose gets up'd?

a friend of mine at work takes xanex for anxiety some time and i got real upset at work about something and she gave me one (i googled it to make sure it wasn't a deadly combo) and it REALLY helped, the adderall helped with the focus and the xanex helped with the calmness. is this a combo that anyone else has found helpful? if so how should i go about talking to my doctor about it????

or is there anything else that i can take with the adderall to help with the hyperactivity?
Old 06-04-10, 12:56 PM
Contributor

jennyjay has a spectacular aura aboutjennyjay has a spectacular aura about
Re: ADDerall not helping with hyperness but xanex did

You are only taking 15 mg a day? Wow, that is low. I would give it some time....the Adderall should help with hyperactivity. I take both Xanax and Adderall.......
Old 06-04-10, 01:53 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,771 Times in 774 Posts
Possum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond repute

I am ADD and have problems with anxiety. I imagine that if I were ADHD this would express itself as being hyper. I find that one klonopin (1 mg) helps with this. I only started the klonopin yesterday, so I can't tell yet if it interferes with the adderall. So far I don't think that it does.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-10, 02:30 PM
Contributor

krb388 is a jewel in the roughkrb388 is a jewel in the roughkrb388 is a jewel in the rough

Why is it when i take xanax .5 for an anxiety on a day I had taken my 30 mg of adderall....My adderall will not work for a couple of days after...I can't concentrate, I don't feel motivated, I can't keep my place in a book while reading, I am not getting anything done......I get sooo spaced out.

Maybe this is my problem now I have to go research till i find why this is happening to me.....

.....If anyone else has already done the research please let me know all you know...Thanks