ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-17, 02:38 PM

SpEdteachADDmom is on a distinguished road
Listening skills

I need some advice for helping my daughter be a better listener. She has ADD and is medicated. We were listening to an audiobook yesterday and when we listen to it, I pause it every few minutes and ask comprehension questions. I asked a question yesterday that was very clearly stated in the book, and she said she "couldn't remember" (even though it had been mentioned literally 20 seconds before that). So I went back 30 seconds, we listened to that part again, and again I paused it and asked her the question. She still "couldn't remember". We had to listen to it 3 times before she heard it.

I need some tips on listening exercises I can do with her, outside of what I'm currently doing with the audiobook. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

J
The Following User Says Thank You to SpEdteachADDmom For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (09-17-17)