ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 09-12-17, 01:04 PM

BlackWarrior is on a distinguished road
Which pharmacies carry Global/Impax Adderall XR?

I have been on adderall IR for about 5 years now. There have been a lot of changes in regards to efficacy of Teva's generic IR tablets so I'm thinking about asking my doctor to switch me to XR instead. Does anyone know which big retail pharmacies carry the Global/Impax generic XRs? I'm trying to avoid the Actavis generics lol.
Old 09-13-17, 04:56 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,683 Times in 12,961 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which pharmacies carry Global/Impax Adderall XR?

I only found my mom and pop pharmacy to carry global which is what I take. The big ones around me in NJ use actavis and look at you like you have two heads if you inquire about another brand.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 09-13-17, 02:08 PM

MyAchillesheel has a spectacular aura aboutMyAchillesheel has a spectacular aura about

Blackwarrior,

If you can't find it at the big chains you may have to fo what Sarahsweets does and see if you can get a small Mom and Pop place to order for you.

You can always call Impax and see if they can tell you who they use for distribution of their adderall products: ie, Cardinal, McKesson, and etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-17, 06:34 AM
Jr Member

TrapezoidPills is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAchillesheel View Post
Blackwarrior,

If you can't find it at the big chains you may have to fo what Sarahsweets does and see if you can get a small Mom and Pop place to order for you.

You can always call Impax and see if they can tell you who they use for distribution of their adderall products: ie, Cardinal, McKesson, and etc.
Not how it works, pharmacies use different distributors for different regions/chains. You can't really get much out of the actual manufacturer so accurately.

And most if not all chains won't disclose stock information on a CII medication unless you're physically there.. With a script.
Old 09-17-17, 09:17 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,683 Times in 12,961 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I take the global that is the authorized generic by SHIRE. Yes, impax owns global (or the other way around) but the impax generic isnt the same. SHIRE manufactures all the authorized generics except Actavis, and now impax and I think thats it. The non-authorized generics are ok its just that they do not get the raw ingredient and exact formula from SHIRE. Basically Shire makes the important bits and global (or teva/barr) puts those bits in with the rest of the stuff that makes up the pills to be the authorized generic. The other ones in theory have the same recipe but they are allowed to finagle with it as far as ratios and fillers/binders/dyes. I think it makes a difference. Its sort of like chocolate chip cookies. You can use the Tollhouse recipe which is the brand and then the store brand which is authorized by the brand, or you can use your great grandmother's recipe which has all the same stuff in it but it varies by amounts and cooking time.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.