ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 09-13-17, 06:58 PM

Kaia.S is a jewel in the roughKaia.S is a jewel in the roughKaia.S is a jewel in the rough
Things getting worse after diagnose

Hi, after i was diagnosed with ADHD combined type about 2 weeks ago, i went through the following proces: denial, very short grief, very big relief, the latter resulting in increase of impulsive behaviour, like i give myself a green card, accepting it just a little too much, very immature But also much more awareness on the party in my head, including static noise, sleeplessness, blurting out followed by fearful throughts, always moving but not much real action...

Next week treatment starts, hope i won't do anything too crazy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaia.S For This Useful Post:
stef (09-14-17), ToneTone (09-14-17)
Old 09-13-17, 07:33 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold
Re: Things getting worse after diagnose

Honestly i have been stuck in denial for a year and counting, i dunno why i can't just accept it, its weird.
Kaia.S (09-14-17), stef (09-14-17)
Old 09-14-17, 01:46 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,690 Times in 12,964 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatKing View Post
Honestly i have been stuck in denial for a year and counting, i dunno why i can't just accept it, its weird.
Are you in denial to the point that you wont take meds?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Kaia.S (09-14-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-17, 03:09 AM

Kaia.S is a jewel in the roughKaia.S is a jewel in the roughKaia.S is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatKing View Post
Denial lurks in my inner critic ("get your act together, you're just a lazy person"), and in better days ("see, there's nothing going on, you're making it much bigger than it is").

I don't even know if my acceptance is true, feels like a rebelling youngster?
Old 09-14-17, 03:32 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,727 Times in 12,606 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I can't say I'm in denial, it's more like immense relief
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Kaia.S (09-14-17), Little Missy (09-14-17)
Old 09-14-17, 04:46 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Are you in denial to the point that you wont take meds?
yes it is
Old 09-14-17, 04:48 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaia.S View Post
Denial lurks in my inner critic ("get your act together, you're just a lazy person"), and in better days ("see, there's nothing going on, you're making it much bigger than it is").

I don't even know if my acceptance is true, feels like a rebelling youngster?
ya exactly its an odd issue, it feels like i am making a huge issue out of nothing and makes me feel embarrassed when i say i have adhd out loud.