ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-17, 08:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,095 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ever Hired a "Finisher"?

I don't own a house, but your idea is brilliant.

Indeed in an ideal world, ADHD folks would have the money to hire finishers for cleaning and straightening, cooking meals a few times a week, running errands a few times a week ... and we'd have resources to order out without cooking (especially parents) ... and on and on ...

And there are people out in the world who do get this kind of support. Politicians for example have aides do all the busy work in tracking down and resolving constituent problems ... you with late social security checks and need for expedited passports, etc ...

I don't know this for sure, but it seems to me that Steve Jobs was a motivator .... inspirer ... the salesman, the charismatic guy ... who partnered with the manager types and the engineers ... who then carried out the details. This is not meant as a criticism. Not unusual at all that in professional partnerships that one person is the salesman ... and the others keeps track of the money ...

So hire away!

Tone
The Following User Says Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
Shelsi (09-13-17)
Old 09-14-17, 06:38 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,642 Times in 6,234 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Man...the idea on paper sure sounds amazing to me!

But I have a heck of a hard time asking for help from people...and I'm so super hard on myself. I feel so much guilt for all the things in my life that get left undone. I feel like I'm just being lazy and it's crazy embarrassing.
It'd be a dream come true though if I could have someone come over every couple of weeks to help me keep my apartment caught up and clean. It'd cause a lot of stress and anxiety I think...but dang, try as I might I just can't do it on my own! (I don't have the money currently for this to be an option, though it is something I've considered).

Plus tons of the stuff I pick up and quit quickly after, aren't things others can do for me. I'd love to learn an instrument (and to read music) or a new language. I'd love to continue to practice mindfulness on a daily basis, or to get outdoors more...

/sigh

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
stef (09-14-17)
Old 09-14-17, 07:09 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,122 Times in 12,777 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there is anything wrong, or strange, at all, to ask for outside assistance.
After all, these are paid services; the person doing the work has created a company (or is working indpendently), specifcally because there is a need for cleaning, repairs, remodeling, etc.

Think of it this way: you will be helping someone out, because they need the business!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-14-17), psychopathetic (09-14-17), Shelsi (09-15-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-17, 09:14 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,306 Times in 13,285 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I need to hire a starter and doer too.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
PoppnNSailinMan (09-14-17), Shelsi (09-15-17), ToneTone (10-11-17)
Old 09-18-17, 02:57 AM

ScatterBrainX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Look up prototype companies. My sister told me to get get one to build some of the ideas I've had. Have never been motivated enough to do so.
Regular developers would usually also be more than happy to make a quick prototype for you.

I would, at least, as a freelance game dev. I actually love the prototype/early stages of a project the most