ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-04-04, 12:02 PM

apm825 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Wellbutrin seems better for me than Adderall

Here's an update for me:

After a few days on the Adderall I start to feel very bad and strung out. It feels a little bit like a hang over.

Before I was taking 20mg * twice a day and felt this way after a few days. I stopped taking it for a few since I felt so bad. I went back to the Dr. and asked about Wellbutrin. He told me to take both together. I still didn't take the Adderall for a few days. Once I started back on the Adderall (only 10mg at a time, this time) I felt the good effects, but after a few days I got that strung-out, hang-over feel. It really sucked.

I'm just on the Wellbutrin SR (150mg * 2), and it doing amazing things for me since I've been taking it. I know its supposed to take weeks for full effect, so I'm hoping more benefits as the weeks pass.

Since taking the Wellbutrin, I haven't been neccessarily focusing on what I want to, but I have been getting MANY, MANY things done I had put off for months. Like cleaning up my room, getting house work done, etc. I haven't been able to get this much stuff done since I was a kid. I am now able to finish cycles of action (as well as follow my thoughts all the way through). I'm so busy with and focusing on catching up, my billable work (which is most important) is still suffering a little. I'm thinking once I catch up on many things, I'll naturally want to focus on the other.

A bit thumgs up for Wellbutrin!! I'll probably still take the adderall, but in an as needed basis.
Old 11-07-04, 06:15 PM
Contributor

janesays is on a distinguished road
I take both. I take 150 of Wellbutrin slow release and 40mg of Adderal XR. All in the morning. My concentration fades after eight hours though. DO YOUR EARS RING? Mine do constantly. I also am noticing alot of other side effects. If you miss a dose of Adderall you will feel strung out its a stimulant. I have crashed for 48 hours at a time. By crash I mean sleep. It sucks because I need it every day. If I don't take it I cant function. That's just how it goes you know.
Old 11-07-04, 10:32 PM

apm825 is on a distinguished road
Wow. No, ringing of the ears. You only take the 150 of Wellbutrin? You don't take another later in the day?

What do you do after those eight hours?

I've been taking the immedate release of Adderall. I've been thinking of going with the extended release. Do you have much of a downer when the extended release of Adderall wears off?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-04, 02:40 AM
Contributor

janesays is on a distinguished road
When my Adderall wears off the first thing i notice is my concentration isn't there. I have two night classes and it is most obvious in that situation. I drift in and out from the discussion and cannot participate in it because I usually can't follow it. I don't feel the crash until about 24-32 hours after my first dose. This isn't extreme, at first I begin to feel slightly impaired. My motor functions become clumsy and slow. My head starts to hurt. I have a ferocious appitite although I may not be hungry then I crash. The longer I go without the worse i feel. When I took the quick release adderall I felt a quicker downer. The last time I took that I was in highschool. Although I felt a quicker downer it wasn't nearly as extreme. When it wore off I just became drowsy and would fall asleep. Now I fall asleep and can't wake up. Also my body becomes very achy.
Old 11-08-12, 10:05 PM

TheAddKidd is on a distinguished road
Re: Wellbutrin seems better for me than Adderall

Hey im glad to see that it's working for you, i had kinda the same thing happen to me as you, but i guess what your describing about the adderall may be a euphoria for the first few days? just my guess cause that use to happen to me but now it's gone, but after adderall wears off you will crash, i feel normal again after i go to bed and get up the next morning.

Anyways I just got prescribed wellbutrin xl from adderall xr, I really found adderall helped but my doctor thought the crashes were to much. Anyways i have some questions for you about wellbutrin, i got prescribed 300 mg, isnt that strange? i read that your suppose to start on 150mg (and im only 17 and it says for ages 18 and above), also i read a lot about seizures being a big side effect, these side effects scare me cause thats all i find when i search about wellbutrin, where as if i searched adderall it wouldnt be bad, like dry mouth stomach ache stuff like that. Anyways does wellbutrin give you energy in the morning, wake you up like adderall does? does it decrease anxiety? does it work the first day you take it?

if you could answer that i would really appreciate it, and good luck with your medication!