ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 11-17-04, 03:25 PM
Forum Guru

cameron has a spectacular aura aboutcameron has a spectacular aura about
Getting offf Wellbutrin and trying...

Concerta. I haven't got Concerta yet, but went to my Psych yesterday and mentioned to him that another psychiatrists perscribed Wellbutrin to me a month ago and have been taking Wellbutrin XL 300mg. Well, I don't notice any positive changes, only minor negative stuff(disoriented, slight headaches occassionaly) so he said to gradually get off wellbutrin and then start taking Concerta(forget what dose). My quesiton is can I just quit taking wellbutrin and then move onto taking Concerta? he said you CAN do this but he doesn't recommend it...he said its better if you gradually move off Wellbutrin...one problem with this is that I don't have the money to take lower doeses of Wellbutrin and also start taking Concerta..plus I don't want to do this...anyone have thought or similar problems like this????????
Old 11-17-04, 03:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Deeperblue is on a distinguished road
I was discussing this same issue with my Psych. (today) and I was going to write a similar post. Although wellbutrin does help, I find that I need focalin to help me to be more focused. I find that when I take the two 5m tablets (focalin) per day, I become very dry....It is very uncomfortable. He suggested that maybe I drop the Well. because the combo might just cause the dry mouth. Instead I should go with fish oil tabs (to help the depression)