ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-17, 04:54 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,328 Times in 702 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

How dumb would it be ask someone "what if I told you I worry about what you think of me?"
Emre22 (09-10-17)
Old 09-10-17, 05:38 PM
ADDvanced Member

Emre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the rough

I have an appointment with my doctor on 14th september , i already asked few times can i use my medication daily but he said " you dont need it daily, we are using it in order to increase your functionality and productivity , you don't have serious symptoms , your adhd is mild"
I am so confused , i am currently using stablon but i started missing wellbutrin
It stopped working for me after using it for 1.5 year. I wonder can it work again for me , if i start again(wellbutrin).
Stablon doesnt have same situmulant effect as wellbutrin
I can feel that it increases dopamine levels, my motivation level and my mood are normal but i cant' feel as situmulated as when i was using concerta&wellbutrin

Last edited by Emre22; 09-10-17 at 05:50 PM..
Old 09-10-17, 06:12 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

I am suppose to go to the dentist but last time i went they put me in a lot of pain soo... now i am scared to go lol
Old 09-10-17, 06:20 PM
ADDvanced Member

Emre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the rough

i am watching Last Chance Saloon on TLC

I am bored , i want something to happen but i don't know what i want to happen
Old 09-10-17, 06:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,514 Times in 10,867 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
I have an appointment with my doctor on 14th september , i already asked few times can i use my medication daily but he said " you dont need it daily, we are using it in order to increase your functionality and productivity , you don't have serious symptoms , your adhd is mild"
I am so confused , i am currently using stablon but i started missing wellbutrin
It stopped working for me after using it for 1.5 year. I wonder can it work again for me , if i start again(wellbutrin).
Stablon doesnt have same situmulant effect as wellbutrin
I can feel that it increases dopamine levels, my motivation level and my mood are normal but i cant' feel as situmulated as when i was using concerta&wellbutrin
How is not taking medication supposed to increase your functionality and
productivity? That completely confuses me as well.

Ask the doctor to check out a video by Dr. Russell Barkley where he explains
that adhd affects us every single day in some way. If not at school or work,
then in relationships, in driving safely, in making impulsive risky choices, or
in using other drugs to self-medicate.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-10-17)
Old 09-10-17, 06:43 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
How is not taking medication supposed to increase your functionality and
productivity? That completely confuses me as well.

Ask the doctor to check out a video by Dr. Russell Barkley where he explains
that adhd affects us every single day in some way. If not at school or work,
then in relationships, in driving safely, in making impulsive risky choices, or
in using other drugs to self-medicate.
I take medication throughout a semester , i go back to home and rest when a semester ends. I stop using pills until lessons start again.

He said that my obsessive perfectionist part balances my impulsivity but i dont know i feel like if i use medicine every day it can be better.
Medicines helped me a lot with lessons, i made a huge success. But he says that "you don't need medication when you dont have exam or go to school etc." i guess he means when i dont have something complex to do (lesson,project etc) medications isnt needed.He thinks that i can do daily life things without medication (i do)
I didnt argue first time because i really didnt feel like i need medication everyday
But i am confused now what if i use it everyday, maybe it can increase quality of my everyday life things.

I am a little bit lucky that i have a doctor that prescribes me concerta.
Most of doctors do not want to prescribe controlled substances to patients here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (09-10-17)
Old 09-10-17, 06:56 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

i am sitting at work right now and i am absolutely bored out of my mind!!!!!!!!!!!argh let me out!
Greyhound1 (09-12-17)
Old 09-10-17, 07:01 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,328 Times in 702 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

If I'm ever worried about what someone thinks of me, I guess I'll just be honest and be like:
"Um, are you mad at me? I'm scared... "... and then wait and see what happens.
Emre22 (09-10-17)
Old 09-10-17, 07:03 PM

Thanked 18,595 Times in 9,912 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

thank GOD, I can whip up a grilled cheese and throw LOL in bed in 30 minutes.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-10-17), stef (09-11-17)
Old 09-10-17, 07:26 PM
ADDvanced Member

I am watching FX market, volatility is really low like market is dead.
I hope british pound makes some gains today , i already made profit on GBP/TRY exchange rate, hope to gain more
Old 09-10-17, 09:32 PM

Kaia.S is a jewel in the roughKaia.S is a jewel in the roughKaia.S is a jewel in the rough

Having a sleepless night. Re-re-reading text massages, blaming myself for what i said or didn't say. There wasn't even an argument. I hate it when i'm like this, insecure, afraid to be a disappointment and get rejected for it. Trying to figure out what triggered this state of mind and how to stop it. I met someone and don't know what to do with it. I used way too much words explaining this to a friend. Meanwhile, i wrote a song today and now it keeps on playing the same part in my head over and over again. On my knees doing the serenity prayer, makes me judge myself for being egoistic; there are people in a hurricane right now! Trying to end this post with something positive or funny, but well, it just isn't.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kaia.S For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-10-17), anonymouslyadd (09-10-17), Little Missy (09-10-17), TurtleBrain (09-11-17)
Old 09-10-17, 11:25 PM

Thanked 30,727 Times in 13,780 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Near and dear becoming vast and indifferent. I feel both under and over medicated. My affect is still flat. Do I fake smile? How does one fake laugh? There is joy in me but cross tapering these meds may well extinguish its expression. Six weeks. Six words in a nonsense sentence.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Kaia.S (09-11-17), Little Missy (09-11-17), Lunacie (09-11-17), stef (09-11-17)
Old 09-10-17, 11:54 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 18,815 Times in 10,851 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Tigger woke me up long before my alarm nd i cannot get back to sleep.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Kaia.S (09-11-17), Lunacie (09-11-17), stef (09-11-17)
Old 09-11-17, 03:28 AM

Thanked 5,292 Times in 2,283 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaia.S View Post
Having a sleepless night. Re-re-reading text massages, blaming myself for what i said or didn't say. There wasn't even an argument. I hate it when i'm like this, insecure, afraid to be a disappointment and get rejected for it. Trying to figure out what triggered this state of mind and how to stop it. I met someone and don't know what to do with it. I used way too much words explaining this to a friend. Meanwhile, i wrote a song today and now it keeps on playing the same part in my head over and over again. On my knees doing the serenity prayer, makes me judge myself for being egoistic; there are people in a hurricane right now! Trying to end this post with something positive or funny, but well, it just isn't.
I so much relate to this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Kaia.S (09-11-17)
Old 09-11-17, 04:28 PM

Thanked 11,678 Times in 5,186 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Someone here at work got laid off/let go, whatever you want to call it.

For financial reasons, not performance or disciplinary reasons.

She brought light and laughs to us all here.

And I had to do the paperwork and write the formal letter. I don’t much like my job today.

My rational mind knows what has occurred.

To my emotional/arousal mind, it feels like someone has died.

Distressed,
Ian
finallyfound10 (09-11-17), Fuzzy12 (09-11-17), Greyhound1 (09-12-17), Little Missy (09-11-17), Lunacie (09-11-17), peripatetic (09-11-17), stef (09-11-17)