ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-17, 12:08 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 18,092 Times in 10,395 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Apparently its weird being freaked out by snakes.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (07-23-17), psychopathetic (07-23-17)
Old 07-23-17, 01:27 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,413 Times in 6,135 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectic beagle View Post
Have to worry about "social proof."
Which only leads you to feeling even more inwardly awkward and dreadfully alone .

(((Beags)))

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
eclectic beagle (07-23-17)
Old 07-23-17, 01:30 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Apparently its weird being freaked out by snakes.
I think it's only weird to those who don't understand it.

But the fear of snakes is a fear shared by a HUGE portion of people around the world across all races, religions, nations and cultures. It's certainly understood by them and they'd hardly consider it weird.

Perhaps it's the people who don't understand the fear of snakes...who are weird?

p.s.
Also...I often like weird people the most.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (07-23-17), midnightstar (07-23-17), stef (07-23-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-17, 03:01 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I think it's only weird to those who don't understand it.

But the fear of snakes is a fear shared by a HUGE portion of people around the world across all races, religions, nations and cultures. It's certainly understood by them and they'd hardly consider it weird.

Perhaps it's the people who don't understand the fear of snakes...who are weird?

p.s.
Also...I often like weird people the most.
I was at a garden centre today and they had snakes and I refused to go near them cause they are creepazoids
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (07-23-17)
Old 07-23-17, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I was at a garden centre today and they had snakes and I refused to go near them cause they are creepazoids
You are so weird!

(((((((WEIRDO Midsy))))))) <3

P.S.
Was it a garden centre to buy plants? I'm not sure what you mean. Or was it a place to enjoy professionally grown and cared for plants?
I've been to what was called a botanical garden once...and it was AMAZING! It was in a huge building and they had several sections in the building full of different plants from all over the world. My favorite section was a section stuffed full of jungle plants and trees. I only really remember 2 things...1, they had some sort of tropical tree that was nearly touching the (very) high ceiling...that they'd chopped down just like 6 months before (haha am I imagining this? Doesn't seem possible for a tree to grow 20+ feet in a year...but I could've swore this happened! lol)...and 2, they had a pond set up with koi fish and a big fat frog who's swim right up to you and let us pet them on their heads in exchange for a little bit of fish food.

lol sorry for the ramble

midnightstar (07-23-17)
Old 07-23-17, 03:55 PM

Quote:
You are so weird!

(((((((WEIRDO Midsy))))))) <3

P.S.
Was it a garden centre to buy plants? I'm not sure what you mean. Or was it a place to enjoy professionally grown and cared for plants?
I've been to what was called a botanical garden once...and it was AMAZING! It was in a huge building and they had several sections in the building full of different plants from all over the world. My favorite section was a section stuffed full of jungle plants and trees. I only really remember 2 things...1, they had some sort of tropical tree that was nearly touching the (very) high ceiling...that they'd chopped down just like 6 months before (haha am I imagining this? Doesn't seem possible for a tree to grow 20+ feet in a year...but I could've swore this happened! lol)...and 2, they had a pond set up with koi fish and a big fat frog who's swim right up to you and let us pet them on their heads in exchange for a little bit of fish food.

lol sorry for the ramble
It was a place to buy plants and they also had fish, guinea pigs and reptiles and birds for sale
Old 07-23-17, 04:02 PM

Squeals and runs and hides behind the settee in case there's any snakes been let out into this thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (07-23-17), stef (07-23-17)
Old 07-23-17, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Squeals and runs and hides behind the settee in case there's any snakes been let out into this thread
/comes and hides behind the couch too...just incase there's also any grizzly bears around bout the forums looking for a tasty face to nom nom on.

...I think we may need the help of Tig Tigs! She'll rid the forums of all of our worries!

midnightstar (07-23-17)
Old 07-23-17, 04:23 PM

Quote:
/comes and hides behind the couch too...just incase there's also any grizzly bears around bout the forums looking for a tasty face to nom nom on.

...I think we may need the help of Tig Tigs! She'll rid the forums of all of our worries!
Ebony will rid the forum of any big hairy spiders and Tigger says she'll chase away anything else that we don't like
Old Today, 08:19 AM

I think I'm going to ask my support group today what they think of me seeking out some professional help. Like at my local hospital. Just for a week or 2...long enough to get a few things sorted out.

My life is out of control and I don't think I can survive another month of all these unhealthy decisions I keep making.
I can hardly breath. I can hardly sleep. I can hardly walk.
I'm a mess and I feel out of control. I think I might need professional help. It's like I'm pushing myself into a heart attack or something and I can't stop.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
finallyfound10 (Today), Little Missy (Today), Lunacie (Today), stef (Today)
Old Today, 09:44 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,085 Times in 12,630 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Cramps!

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old Today, 11:04 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,080 Times in 10,650 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think I'm going to ask my support group today what they think of me seeking out some professional help. Like at my local hospital. Just for a week or 2...long enough to get a few things sorted out.

My life is out of control and I don't think I can survive another month of all these unhealthy decisions I keep making.
I can hardly breath. I can hardly sleep. I can hardly walk.
I'm a mess and I feel out of control. I think I might need professional help. It's like I'm pushing myself into a heart attack or something and I can't stop.
I think that's a good idea, psycho. If you feel like you're at the end of your
rope, look for a soft place to fall and let go for a little while.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today), Little Missy (Today), psychopathetic (Today), Unmanagable (Today)
Old Today, 05:43 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,233 Times in 648 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

I don't know why I applied to volunteer working with kids if I'm so soft-spoken, shy, and unsure when I speak up and be assertive when kids are acting up.
Little Missy (Today)