ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-06, 11:05 PM

?_Reality is on a distinguished road
?_Reality - Hi From Ohio

Hello all! I am a long time lurker and first time poster to this site. As I read all of the life stories and issues of all you ADDers, I see myself and I am relieved to know that I am not the only one "blessed/cursed" with ADD.

I am 28 and have been recently diagnosed by a clinical neuropsychologist as being ADD combined type with depressive tendencies. For a long time, I suspected as much - with my inattention in everyday life (the usual lost items, can't remember directions, daydreaming) to impulsiveness (I gotta clean the entire house RIGHT NOW!!)...to the fact that I used to rarely smile and never saw joy in life.

My wife first suspected I had some kind of learning disorder but I didn't believe it - turns out she has a strange intuition for these things...so I researched ADD (including this site) and decided to finally get tested.

My appointment with the neuropsychologist included an interview with me and my wife, personality tests, intelligence measurements, a computer test and several other "psych" tests. The results were that I was a highly intelligent person with the aforementioned diagnosis.

The doctor recommended Adderall but after a few days of zombie-like behavior on that stuff, I threw it out. I don't agree with those kinds of meds but that is a personal decision. I have been on natural ADD remedies for several months with many occasions of ADD "relapse" but overall, I do feel better. I am fortunate to have a loving wife who understands me better now and she is gifted with much patience. Everyday she reminds me to take my remedies and she never attacks me or belittles me about my ADD. Cool.

I may post more in other threads later. I have come across some interesting posts. Anyway, I am pleased to be here among friends.
Old 06-05-06, 01:56 AM
ADDvanced Member

ADDELINE is on a distinguished road
Dear '? Realty'...

Sound's like you are blessed with a kind, understanding wife who has your best interest at heart! And she's smart, too!

'Reality'; Guess what??? You're pretty smart yourself because you realize just what a special life partner you have!

And...Best of all neither of you take the other for granted!

You have something rare and beautiful! Hang on with both hands buddy!

Sincerely; Addeline
Old 06-05-06, 03:41 AM

livingwithadhd is on a distinguished road
good to hear that :-) ...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-06, 04:24 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

sehrita is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site

Toonces the Pirate Cat
Old 06-05-06, 03:16 PM

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
welcome Reality.
it is good to have you here.

Have fun with the forum.

A child's mind is like a shallow brook which ripples and dances merrily over the stony course of its education and reflects here a flower, there a bush, yonder fleecy cloud... -Helen Keller

Old 06-05-06, 08:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

ms_sunshine has a spectacular aura aboutms_sunshine has a spectacular aura about
welcome
Old 06-05-06, 09:08 PM
Forum Guru

Paws13 has a spectacular aura aboutPaws13 has a spectacular aura about
Hey Reality; it's always great to have another person on the forums By the way, your name is very creative!
Old 06-05-06, 09:47 PM

?_Reality is on a distinguished road
I do believe that my creativity is a result of my ADD. I love art and writing. I have no patience for math or anything requiring hard logic! lol
Old 06-05-06, 10:49 PM

Thanked 5,019 Times in 2,424 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute
welcome, Reality!

It's great you found your way to ADDF!

Courtney

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)