ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-22-11, 11:05 PM
Jr Member

nessasaurus is on a distinguished road
Question From Barr to CorePharma/Citric acid?

Last month I had my first prescription of Adderall(30mg IR twice a day). A local pharmacy gave me the Barr brand. It seemed to be working fine, but this month they didn't have it so I found a new prescription at Walgreens. They gave me the CorePharma pills. I took them for the first time today and it seemed fine, other than feeling more anxious than normal. I know everyone reacts differently to different medicines, but has anyone felt a very distinct difference between the two that they can share with me? Seeing as how I am still a relatively new prescriber.

ALSO: Citric acid: I know that this has been proven to greatly affect the absorption of amphetamine salts. I am always thirsting for a little early morning caffeine now and then, so what drinks do any of you recommend that DON'T have citric acid? It seems to be in everything now that I can pay attention! Does absorbic acid have a similar effect? Any sort of food or drink acid makes me timid after learning this.
Old 11-23-11, 01:04 AM

deathbybread is on a distinguished road
Re: From Barr to CorePharma/Citric acid?

The citric acid thing weirds me out, too. Definitely has an impact on my entire eating/drinking schedule, lol.

I drink orange juice at night with dinner because drinking it in the morning will goof up my day (my adderall IR will barely kick in). I have found that eating anything with citric acid has an effect on my medicine if I eat it within an hour or two before I take a pill. Once the adderall has kicked in and I am working throughout the day, I consume citric acid without a problem. It's mainly eating it right before taking a pill that I've noticed any difference.

I drink lattes in the morning without a problem, I don't really know what goes into a latte because I don't speak "coffee" lol, I usually just hand my mug to the barista at my office and tell her to surprise me. So, whether or not there's citric acid in a latte, I'm not exactly sure of.

On a separate but equally adderall-related note, mornings I drink a latte, I get sooo thirsty and feel gross if I don't keep up with drinking water throughout the day, blegh!
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbybread For This Useful Post:
nessasaurus (11-23-11)
Old 11-23-11, 05:33 PM
Jr Member

nessasaurus is on a distinguished road

I do love my lattes.. but I remember hearing that coffee contains citric acid somehow, so I'm still confused. Do you know anything about ascorbic acids?? I was looking at plain non-flavored green teas and some of them contain ascorbic acid. Like I said, now that I am taking adderall the word acid just scares me!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-11, 09:28 PM

stephr is on a distinguished road

I have been switched from teva/barr over to corepharma and it is horrible. It doesn't work at all for me.

On the upside I don't have the jitters or crankiness at the end of the day.

Steph