ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-06, 11:52 AM
ADDvanced Member

Jenjor has disabled reputation
Question Grief and Loss support web site???

My mother (82 years young). recently lost her only sister (at 79). I have watched her go down hill both mentally and physically in the 3 months since, though mostly mentally. Understandably she breaks down seemingly out of nowhere, is extremely forgetful (short term memory loss) and is very aggitated most of the time. I have moved back in with her temporarily with my 4 year old son and that seems to make her very happy, though I cannot stay for much longer.
I have suggested she find a web site for grief support. Since we are way way out in the boonies, and she no longer drives, there are no support groups for her to attend. However, she is on-line all the time anyhow so whats a couple more hours.
I was telling her how much help these forums have been to me since I was diagnosed and suggested she join aforum for support. When she said she wouldnt know whwere to start, I realized that the ADDFORUMS would be a great place to start
Do any of you have any suggestions for a good site for her to go on? There are many out there. How do you choose the best one for you?
Any advice any of you has out there would be greatly appreciated. Collectively I feel the members of this site has the best information on the web.
Thank you for reading.
Old 09-17-06, 12:02 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

boone1 will become famous soon enough
Here is a website all about grief and Loss and how to cope: http://www.helpguide.org/mental/grief_loss.htm

Here is a website is a forum that may be helpful: http://www.bereavement.com/open.htm