ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Aspergers/Autism Spectrum/PDD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-17, 11:19 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,406 Times in 9,083 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Autistic spectrum disorder or simple schizophrenia?

Moderator Note:

As a point of information...

The Coexisting Conditions sections have been used primarily for support and peer-to-peer sharing of information and coping strategies by people affected by these diagnoses, rather than for high-level academic discussion.

I would encourage anyone wishing to discuss the underpinnings of disorders in a more formal, scientific-literature-driven context to take advantage of the Scientific Discussion section ("...limited to [discussion of] published/presented scientific research, in a quasi-academic format, with references where appropriate; clear and structured discourse is encouraged").

For more free-form, but still hypothetical/theoretical approaches, there's also the Open Scientific & Philosophical Discussion section ("...for open discussion, encouraging new and unconventional ways of thinking, welcoming posts in any format").
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Fortune (11-18-17), Lunacie (11-17-17), peripatetic (11-17-17), wonderboy (11-17-17)
Old 11-17-17, 11:22 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Moderator Note:

As a point of information...

The Coexisting Conditions sections have been used primarily for support and peer-to-peer sharing of information and coping strategies by people affected by these diagnoses, rather than for high-level academic discussion.

I would encourage anyone wishing to discuss the underpinnings of disorders in a more formal, scientific-literature-driven context to take advantage of the Scientific Discussion section ("...limited to [discussion of] published/presented scientific research, in a quasi-academic format, with references where appropriate; clear and structured discourse is encouraged").

For more free-form, but still hypothetical/theoretical approaches, there's also the Open Scientific & Philosophical Discussion section ("...for open discussion, encouraging new and unconventional ways of thinking, welcoming posts in any format").

Noted and agreed
The Following User Says Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
namazu (11-17-17)
Old 11-17-17, 11:27 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,868 Times in 11,047 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
These issues are not necessarily new; Conversely, I wanted to post somewhat non-discussed issues and (concomitantly) to promulgate issues for active, professional, discussion
I think I probably read this one of the days when I had a bad headache and
didn't really take it all in.

Just who did you think was going to engage in a "professional discussion" on
a forum that is not designated for professionals in the mental health field?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-17, 11:31 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I think I probably read this one of the days when I had a bad headache and
didn't really take it all in.

Just who did you think was going to engage in a "professional discussion" on
a forum that is not designated for professionals in the mental health field?

The feeling is mutual, beleive me. I have never seen anyone on here get
"beaten" on (so to speak) that just keeps coming and coming. and coming.

I expressed empathy, and regret sincerely. Wouldn't you agree...it is
time to end this...
The Following User Says Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-18-17)
Old 11-17-17, 11:34 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,406 Times in 9,083 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Thread closed, per OP's request.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-18-17), wonderboy (11-17-17)
Closed Thread