ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-17, 01:21 AM
Jr Member

Barbrady1 is on a distinguished road
Utterly Atrocious at.....

..recalling auditory information. Is this symptomatic of autism, ADHD, CAPD or something else?

Though at 27 years of age I am hardly an old man, I cannot seem to replay even fragments of a conversation I had with someone just a few minutes ago. It's rather embarrassing because if someone tells me something, I invariably forget what they've said within moments. The same applies to songs too, as no matter how many times I hear a song I will always sing it incorrectly.

Upon reflection, with my learning impairments it's a minor miracle that I managed to leave school with a few A Levels.

I am wondering if stimulant medications such as ritalin and adderall could help me in this regard, but I need an ADHD diagnosis before a prescription of such could even be considered.