ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-17, 08:34 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 19,312 Times in 10,265 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part II

wowza, the temperature dropped 25 degrees in less than a half an hour. And it is raining.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-16-17), stef (07-17-17)
Old 07-16-17, 09:23 PM

Thanked 12,619 Times in 5,595 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
wowza, the temperature dropped 25 degrees in less than a half an hour. And it is raining.
I love temperature drops like that.

Once, when I was in the Badlands, it was in the mid-90s...then a storm came in, and within a half hour it was just above freezing and there was large hail coming down.

I'm glad the hike ended right as the storm came in, as opposed to getting stuck in it out on the trail.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 07-16-17, 09:48 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I love temperature drops like that.

Once, when I was in the Badlands, it was in the mid-90s...then a storm came in, and within a half hour it was just above freezing and there was large hail coming down.

I'm glad the hike ended right as the storm came in, as opposed to getting stuck in it out on the trail.

Cheers,
Ian
It already dropped another 15 with monsoony rain and thunder and lightening. It smells SOOO good. Good night sleeping tonight.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-16-17), stef (07-17-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-17, 09:54 PM

Thanked 12,619 Times in 5,595 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It already dropped another 15 with monsoony rain and thunder and lightening. It smells SOOO good. Good night sleeping tonight.
Between the smell of damp earth and the smell of lightning-generated ozone, good storms always smell great.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 07-17-17, 12:29 AM
Contributor

Smokey405 is a name known to allSmokey405 is a name known to allSmokey405 is a name known to allSmokey405 is a name known to allSmokey405 is a name known to allSmokey405 is a name known to all

Quote:
good storms always smell great.
Yes they do. I could have used a storm this afternoon. My afternoon 5 mile walk was in almost 100 degree heat. Some cool temps and rain would have been sooo nice.
Old 07-17-17, 03:43 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,117 Times in 12,775 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Glasses!

Cheers,
Ian
jean leggings = Jeggings
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-17-17), Little Missy (07-17-17), Smokey405 (07-17-17)
Old 07-17-17, 08:44 AM

way cooler today

is this what it all boils down to? weather, the smells, annoyances...sounds like old people or something.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-17-17), mctavish23 (07-17-17), stef (07-17-17)
Old 07-17-17, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
jean leggings = Jeggings
hey! are you jeggin' around today all wreathed in smiles? what kind of shoes do you have with them?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-17-17), mctavish23 (07-17-17), Smokey405 (07-17-17), stef (07-17-17)
Old 07-17-17, 11:25 AM

Thanked 5,526 Times in 2,368 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

It's been some time since I last was here. Just wanted to keep you all up-to-date. I am doing well in my recovery, two weeks ago I celebrated my 9 months sober milestone. The power of meditation and 12-steps meetings really helps me with that. I even have a sponsee to be there for now. Normally that is not advised before someone has more than a year of recovery, but sometimes life happens while you're busy making other plans.

I'm partying quite some this Summer, something I didn't even dream of being able to do in the near future when I entered recovery. Without alcohol it is so much more fun and I'm feeling much more connected to my friends. I'm still in therapy and more satisfied with my therapist then I was a while ago. I have discovered I have codependency issues, so now I'm also going to Codependents Anonymous. In general I'm satisfied with life as it is right now.
aeon (07-17-17), Little Missy (07-17-17), Lunacie (07-17-17), midnightstar (07-17-17), psychopathetic (07-17-17), Smokey405 (07-17-17), stef (07-17-17)
Old 07-17-17, 11:40 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,038 Times in 11,673 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
It's been some time since I last was here. Just wanted to keep you all up-to-date. I am doing well in my recovery, two weeks ago I celebrated my 9 months sober milestone. The power of meditation and 12-steps meetings really helps me with that. I even have a sponsee to be there for now. Normally that is not advised before someone has more than a year of recovery, but sometimes life happens while you're busy making other plans.

I'm partying quite some this Summer, something I didn't even dream of being able to do in the near future when I entered recovery. Without alcohol it is so much more fun and I'm feeling much more connected to my friends. I'm still in therapy and more satisfied with my therapist then I was a while ago. I have discovered I have codependency issues, so now I'm also going to Codependents Anonymous. In general I'm satisfied with life as it is right now.
*thinks she's seeing things* is it true that we have our Hermus back?

Congrats on your recovery, Hermus
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
stef (07-17-17)
Old 07-17-17, 12:46 PM

Thanked 5,526 Times in 2,368 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
*thinks she's seeing things* is it true that we have our Hermus back?

Congrats on your recovery, Hermus
I don't plan to come here too regularly anymore, but maybe I'll drop in a bit more often. Just wanted to give an update because all of you have been a great support.

Glad to hear from you too, Mids.
aeon (07-17-17), midnightstar (07-17-17), Smokey405 (07-17-17), stef (07-17-17)
Old 07-17-17, 01:39 PM
Contributor

Smokey405 is a name known to allSmokey405 is a name known to allSmokey405 is a name known to allSmokey405 is a name known to allSmokey405 is a name known to allSmokey405 is a name known to all

So a coworker and I decided in a fit of randomness this morning that the word of the day is going to be "schmancy". We have been working that into just about every conversation we have had with people.

I already know that by late this afternoon some other coworkers will have devised various ways to put us out of our misery.
Old 07-17-17, 01:39 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
I don't plan to come here too regularly anymore, but maybe I'll drop in a bit more often. Just wanted to give an update because all of you have been a great support.

Glad to hear from you too, Mids.
*puts superglue on Hermus's ADDF seat so when he next sits down on the forum he then can't go anywhere*

We want Hermus to come here as often as he can
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
stef (07-17-17)
Old 07-17-17, 02:54 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,117 Times in 12,775 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hey! are you jeggin' around today all wreathed in smiles? what kind of shoes do you have with them?
I was jegging around today
so busy, i only answer this now
with black patent ballet flats
and comfy summer top
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-17-17), Little Missy (07-17-17)
Old 07-17-17, 03:18 PM

Message from Tigger:

"MEOW I've hunted you all a toy mouse and I want everyone on ADDF to know about it"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
EYEFORGOT (07-17-17), psychopathetic (07-18-17), Smokey405 (07-17-17)
Closed Thread