ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 01-16-19, 09:07 AM
ADDvanced Member

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road
Vyvanse or elvanse in Europe?

Most of rules or laws about drugs in my country are similar to Europe especially Germany. Is there anyone who has prescribed vyvanse (elvanse) in Europe ?
What's 'first line drug' for adhd in your country?
Do doctors avoid to prescribe vyvanse in Eupean countries?
Are rules or laws more strict for elvanse than ritalin?
I've tried none of stimulants except methyphenidate. I've developed tolerance but doctors only prescribe mph.
I don't know and couldn't find any information if elvanse could be prescribed legally in Turkey.
Started with ritalin (worked only for two weeks)
Also tried wellbutrin and strattera
Now DHEA and concerta
For about three years local corticosteroid pomades for atopic dermatitis.
Old 01-16-19, 04:04 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Vyvanse or elvanse in Europe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI-ADHD 29 View Post
Most of rules or laws about drugs in my country are similar to Europe especially Germany. Is there anyone who has prescribed vyvanse (elvanse) in Europe ?
What's 'first line drug' for adhd in your country?
Do doctors avoid to prescribe vyvanse in Eupean countries?
Are rules or laws more strict for elvanse than ritalin?
I've tried none of stimulants except methyphenidate. I've developed tolerance but doctors only prescribe mph.
I don't know and couldn't find any information if elvanse could be prescribed legally in Turkey.
There is only one legal stimulant substance in Turkey, that is methylphenidate

There is no supply of amphetamines,and they are meeting illegal criteria in Turkish laws.

Even if you get it prescribed in another country and you brought it back to Turkey.
You may get arrested(not sure) , because there is no acceptance of medical amphetamine use in Turkey.

In summary, Elvanse has no difference than a illegal drug in Turkey.

By the way elvanse is the weakest amphetamine
it is a pro-drug
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
PI-ADHD 29 (01-17-19)
Old 01-17-19, 01:50 AM
ADDvanced Member

According to Wikipedia, Elvanse has been approved since April 2013, in Germany. Also in Switzerland, was admitted March 2014 Elvanse.
To my knowledge about 33% of add response to mph, 33% to amph and 33% to both of them. I mean 33% of add(like me) don't response to mph. So how can we treated without amph?
I think(hope) elvanse will be legal in Turkey also, in a near future. As you said vyvanse is prodrug so it can't be used for illegal purposes and it's low potential for addiction. I can't understand why elvanse is illegal despite ritalin is legal.
Now DHEA and concerta
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-19, 09:23 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Quote:
According to Wikipedia, Elvanse has been approved since April 2013, in Germany. Also in Switzerland, was admitted March 2014 Elvanse.
To my knowledge about 33% of add response to mph, 33% to amph and 33% to both of them. I mean 33% of add(like me) don't response to mph. So how can we treated without amph?
I think(hope) elvanse will be legal in Turkey also, in a near future. As you said vyvanse is prodrug so it can't be used for illegal purposes and it's low potential for addiction. I can't understand why elvanse is illegal despite ritalin is legal.
Pro-drug means lisdexamphetamine
your body converts it to dexamphetamine
Actually, it is dextroamphetamine(anyone correct me if i am wrong)

Back to Turkish laws, amphetamine salts have been used as first-line treatment for long just like methylphenidate, since 1960s i guess.

Back to why question?
There are few countries in the world ,only allows methylphenidate.

Simply amphetamines were never legal in Turkey
there are few possibilities to question "Why"
There arent many generic options in Turkey, medikinet is only one and Ritalin is original, Concerta is original
Maybe they don't want to share their market dominance so somehow they may have some kind of compromise with Turkish Health Ministry

Other option is just another non-sense application of Turkish government
One year ago i sent email to Turkish presidency site and Turkish Health Ministry site
My mail was explaining that some people with adhd doesnt respond to methylphenidate, amphetamines are legal in almost all developed countries in the world. I asked help from them to inspect this issue
they never responded back

I asked my psychatrist, dont you warn Turkish Health ministry about this issue
my doc said that Turkish health ministry doesnt give a **** about opinion of psychatrists

Also as you know, how doctors treat ADHD patient in Turkey
even if you have a report which warns that patient should take methylphenidate
most of psychatrists in Turkey act like ADHD isnt a mental disorder
they overly reluctant to prescribe methylphenidate like patient is asking for a recreational drug

In summary, my own opinion. Nobody cares about ADHD patients in Turkey, it isnt accepted as a solid disorder even , you can understand it from authorities wording.

I don't think that amphetamines will ever be approved in Turkey as legal medicines.
Old 01-18-19, 02:25 AM
ADDvanced Member

Unfortunately there're too much information pollution in Turkish media. Almost every day some ****ing popularist journalists (not doctor or health professional) make 'news' about stimulant drugs. They make sentences like these:
-Do doctors give our children narcotic drugs to treat add?
-Ritalin causes growth reterdation!
-Is add a fake, unreal disease?
-Stims give rise to heart attack! etc...
Many of parents don't use stims to treat their add children even though their psychiatrists recommend them to use it. What's the worst thing is that many of 'health professional' still don't believe in adhd especially adult adhd.
I don't know if amph will be approved or not. But even if it will and even if psychiatrist recommends me to use, probabaly i'll never be able to provide it. Pharmacists will lie me: 'we don't have it, go to another pharmacy!'.
Isn't there anyone who has been prescribed elvanse in europe? Is it also so hard to provide stims because of pharmacists in europe?
Now DHEA and concerta
The Following User Says Thank You to PI-ADHD 29 For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (01-18-19)
Old 01-18-19, 08:43 AM
Committee Member

Quote:
Unfortunately there're too much information pollution in Turkish media. Almost every day some ****ing popularist journalists (not doctor or health professional) make 'news' about stimulant drugs. They make sentences like these:
-Do doctors give our children narcotic drugs to treat add?
-Ritalin causes growth reterdation!
-Is add a fake, unreal disease?
-Stims give rise to heart attack! etc...
Many of parents don't use stims to treat their add children even though their psychiatrists recommend them to use it. What's the worst thing is that many of 'health professional' still don't believe in adhd especially adult adhd.
I don't know if amph will be approved or not. But even if it will and even if psychiatrist recommends me to use, probabaly i'll never be able to provide it. Pharmacists will lie me: 'we don't have it, go to another pharmacy!'.
Isn't there anyone who has been prescribed elvanse in europe? Is it also so hard to provide stims because of pharmacists in europe?
I have never had problem problem with getting my medicine from a pharmacy
My suggestion, research a good psychatrist in your area, always go to him. Have a medication report, who can understand adult adhd and who doesnt treat patient like potential drug abuser

Forget about amphetamines, nobody cares about it in Turkey, neither government or professionals
If strattera or methylphenidate or bupropion doesnt work for you
U must try various combination of them in my opinion

Also maybe you can't have benefit of Extended relase form of methylphenidate
u can give it a try
there are 20mg medikinet capsules or tablets , they are Instant Relase form
maybe you can add +10 mg ritalin

so you can take Instant relase form of methylphenidate 3 times or 4 times a day.

If all these options doesnt help you, i don't know what to say. I say to myself
it is my ****ty luck which caused me to born in Turkey with mental disorders
Old 01-18-19, 09:58 AM
ADDvanced Member

-I went to private hospitals, never to public one. Because i don't want to be deciphered. You know in our country psychiatric disorders are underestimated and seem as taboo. So i can't have a medication report.
-I've already used concerta+ritalin and they didn't help me because of tolerance. I had been prescribed medikinet by another doc. But i couldn't get it because of pharmacists. Aren't concerta and medikinet very similar? So probably medikinet wouldn't work at me.
-Now i'm taking wellbutrin and it helps me only very little. Also i have (need) to drink too much coffee. But i don't have any other opportinity.
-You're completely right about borning in Turkey with psychiatric problem.
Now DHEA and concerta
The Following User Says Thank You to PI-ADHD 29 For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (01-18-19)
Old 01-18-19, 02:53 PM
Committee Member

Quote:
-I went to private hospitals, never to public one. Because i don't want to be deciphered. You know in our country psychiatric disorders are underestimated and seem as taboo. So i can't have a medication report.
-I've already used concerta+ritalin and they didn't help me because of tolerance. I had been prescribed medikinet by another doc. But i couldn't get it because of pharmacists. Aren't concerta and medikinet very similar? So probably medikinet wouldn't work at me.
-Now i'm taking wellbutrin and it helps me only very little. Also i have (need) to drink too much coffee. But i don't have any other opportinity.
-You're completely right about borning in Turkey with psychiatric problem.
Ritalin and Medikinet(Not Retard version) are same
they are instant relase form of methylphenidate
But 20mg tablets are available from Medikinet

it means u take 2 tablets of ritalin at once if you take 20mg medikinet

10mg ritalin dont do anything alone, i tried it myself
but 20mg or 30mg instant relase form of methylphenidate(count as 2 or 3 ritalin at once) you can feel or see difference
you know for controlled substances , they supply maximum 3 packet at once
so if you use ritalin lets say 6x1 , you have to visit pharmacy very often
but medikinet 20mg is better, it can last longer

i dont know which city u live in, how many pharmacies around you , but you can report any pharmacy to authorities who doesnt supply you medication that u have prescribtion

so you have to find a doctor who takes it serious then you have to find a pharmacy willing to cooperate with you
Old 01-21-19, 01:35 AM
ADDvanced Member

I'd sent an e-mail to Turkish pharmacy association(TPA) about 2 months ago. I've wroten in mail that most of pharmacies don't sell stimulant drugs even with doctor's prescription. I asked TPA if pharmacies have warranty (right) of not selling drugs which have been prescribed by doctor. I've asked TPA what can i do legally against these pharmacists. But as you can guess they've still not replied my e-mail and probably they won't ever.
Do you know if pharmacist have right of not to sell prescribed meds in our laws? What can we do if they say we don't have it? Can someone go to law for these pharmacists?
In fact, i'm not using any stimulants now. So i'm concerned about these not for myself. But there are some adults who have adhd and need to get stimulants.
Now DHEA and concerta