ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 02-18-19, 02:09 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,251 Times in 527 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of
Adderall high?

I've been on Adderall 10mg off and on for around a year. I haven't been the most consistent at taking it and part of the reason is because of having to travel a distance to pick up the prescription and everything is so ADD unfriendly.

Anyways, I've been on it consistently for a few weeks now and it definitely helps a lot with my productivity, which is why I keep taking it. But I feel like it makes me hyper and very happy, almost like a "high". Like, I just want to sit around and sing Kumbaya with everyone and all is right with the world. And when I talk, I start rambling a lot more than I normally would. I thought maybe that affect would wear off, but I still have it. Is it normal? I really don't want to switch to another med.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
LeighWolf (02-18-19), psychopathetic (02-18-19)
Old 02-18-19, 02:34 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,890 Times in 7,899 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall high?

I got this when I first started taking a helpful dose (took awhile to get my dosing right)...but it went away (though I do still get a bit of it every once in a great while).

I was worried it was making me "high"...which was a big concern for me. I wasn't wanting to be put on meds that were going to get me stoned lol.

I told my pill lady how it was making me feel, and how I was worried it was making me high...and she told me something along the lines of..."Hey look. You've lived your whole life with all this fog in your brain...and now you've found a medication that helps lift some of that fog. Of course it's going to make you feel really good! It's not making you high, it's just doing what it's suppose to be doing."

It was very reassuring to me.

I'm no doctor, and this is just my uneducated opinion...but I think it's just doing what it's suppose to do for you.

(((Owl)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
LeighWolf (02-18-19), Lunacie (02-19-19), WhiteOwl (02-18-19)
Old 02-18-19, 05:07 PM

LeighWolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I got this when I first started taking a helpful dose (took awhile to get my dosing right)...but it went away (though I do still get a bit of it every once in a great while).

I was worried it was making me "high"...which was a big concern for me. I wasn't wanting to be put on meds that were going to get me stoned lol.

I told my pill lady how it was making me feel, and how I was worried it was making me high...and she told me something along the lines of..."Hey look. You've lived your whole life with all this fog in your brain...and now you've found a medication that helps lift some of that fog. Of course it's going to make you feel really good! It's not making you high, it's just doing what it's suppose to be doing."

It was very reassuring to me.

I'm no doctor, and this is just my uneducated opinion...but I think it's just doing what it's suppose to do for you.

(((Owl)))
I LOVE that! "Pill Lady"-sweet. I like her explanation. I was afraid to tell mine that I felt like I understood things now that I beat my head against before. I was afraid he'd think I was being grandiose!

I think we've been relegated to the "can't be taught" bin and have had such a maelstrom of emotions that NOT having that is foreign!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeighWolf For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-19-19), psychopathetic (02-18-19), WhiteOwl (02-18-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-19, 06:12 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

This definitely makes me feel better. I feel weird complaining about feeling happy, lol, but it's just not an effect I expected. I'm not necessarily "unhappy" when I don't take it, but I definitely notice the difference in attitude when I take it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-19-19), psychopathetic (02-18-19)
Old 02-19-19, 06:13 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,893 Times in 15,249 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
I've been on Adderall 10mg off and on for around a year. I haven't been the most consistent at taking it and part of the reason is because of having to travel a distance to pick up the prescription and everything is so ADD unfriendly.

Anyways, I've been on it consistently for a few weeks now and it definitely helps a lot with my productivity, which is why I keep taking it. But I feel like it makes me hyper and very happy, almost like a "high". Like, I just want to sit around and sing Kumbaya with everyone and all is right with the world. And when I talk, I start rambling a lot more than I normally would. I thought maybe that affect would wear off, but I still have it. Is it normal? I really don't want to switch to another med.
There are some cases where stimulants like adderall have been prescribed for treatment resistant depression so do not be too hard on yourself.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-19-19), psychopathetic (02-20-19), WhiteOwl (02-19-19)
Old 02-19-19, 08:09 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
There are some cases where stimulants like adderall have been prescribed for treatment resistant depression so do not be too hard on yourself.
I didn't know that, but maybe I have depression and didn't know it? It does run in my family. I do go through "slumps", but just assumed it was lack of motivation from the ADD. I am also on Lexapro for Anxiety, but I know that's used for depression too.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-20-19)