ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Psychotics
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-13, 09:08 AM
Contributor

adhdpi is on a distinguished road
Re: Do antipsychotics make ADHD worse or make stimulants work worse

I was "communicating with the future" for about 10 days until I panicked.

I am still angry at the people who hospitalised me. They didn't even warn me that I would get forced treatment and hospitalisation. If they did, I would not have panicked. They just took me away to the mental hospital. They didn't even talked to me.

Also I don't like the fact that they can force you into hospitalisation for months. I don't think hospitalisation is needed, certainly not months. But they took my freedom away just like that.

Why do they hospitalise you for months after they think you have a "psychotic break"?
The Following User Says Thank You to adhdpi For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (08-04-13)
Old 08-04-13, 09:16 AM

Thanked 34,101 Times in 15,438 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

I see you're in the Netherlands and I'm unaware of how their legal medical system works well enough to say anything beyond expressing my sympathies for that happening to you and causing you even more distress.
Sometimes I think in their haste to " contain" they just fail to listen for a minute and consider the person
Because no matter what your diagnosis or the being-status of this or that ...you ARE a person and that should matter most
I'm sorry they weren't kinder and more patient with you
Ten days...yeah...injections tend to linger longer than pills/capsules so it could be a couple to few weeks, but I can't imagine being off for a full month and not having a recurrence if properly diagnosed. I'm a member-patient though, not a medical professional of course.

edit: I was unclear about timeframe I think
When I said being off for a full month I mean a full month from the time of your first *declined/skipped* injection. Not a month from the last actual one you had. It's be more like two months after that. I hope that makes sense
Old 08-04-13, 09:26 AM

peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw the question about why do they hospitalize for months after an episode... It depends. Here it can depend on insurance as much as anything else and a lot of people aren't given the treatment they want or need.

Generally speaking though it takes awhile to stabilize and assess someone in what's considered an acute phase. Especially for the first time, but also it happens other times too. , a few months in the hospital is common if that's where they're headed diagnostically. I don't know anyone who only spent a few days the first go and came out with a schizophrenia diagnosis. A few months is more the norm.

I think moat people--most in my experience--also freak out about or oddly dismiss/ignore psychosis. They don't understand. It sucks but its either they don't get it or they try to normalize it. Prolly because it frightens them. Those who normalize are like "it's fine; i do that; just clear your mind" when obviously they don't or don't to the same degree/persistence or resulting in same/similar action and speech or they'd been hospitalized too. They're not typically medical personnel though. Medical people tend to be more of the "contain that and stamp it out before sending back into community" sorts when it comes to psychosis
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-13, 09:27 AM
Contributor

I have posted the question on a schizophrenia forum:

http://www.schizophrenia.com:8080/ji...77549&tstart=0
Old 08-04-13, 09:48 PM
Contributor

I am having intense dreams again.

I wonder what causes them.
Old 08-04-13, 10:23 PM

have you ever talked to your mental health workers about them?
they always have something to say, i find...though oftentimes i feel like each interpretation says more about the interpreter than about me or the dreams

what're yours about?
Old 08-09-13, 07:11 AM
Contributor

No, I don't want them to think something is wrong.
Old 08-09-13, 07:32 AM
Contributor

If what I experienced was fake, then why were the "voices" telling me they were artificial intelligent computers from the future? Why did these things that communicated with me appear to have intelligence on their own?
Old 08-09-13, 09:42 AM

Because, if ill, that's what voices do: they feed the delusions. Like I said though, you'll know soon enough because if you go off antipsychotics completely you'll panic in a way you cannot hide.

The dreams still happening?

See, ican appreciate why you wouldn't tell, but then I also see why that's what's landed you not only on antipsychotics but on injections. In their minds you lack sufficient insight regarding illness to be thought likely to continue other formulations on your own. But then that's ****** up if you really aren't sick and you're not lacking insight, they're just wrong. I can't honestly say which because I don't see you in person. But if you have voices, that's not a great sign in the against schizophrenia. It's moreover of the main things that identifies
Old 08-09-13, 11:43 AM
Contributor

The previous days I haven't had intense, vivid, complicated dreams. But I went on a short holiday, so maybe it will be different now that I have returned home.

I use 25 mg xeplion now, which is a very low dosage and I have not panicked and I have not experienced any unusual things such as "voices or hallucinations" (if they are voices or hallucinations). I plan to go off xeplion this or next month. I expect that nothing unusual will happen as I did not notice anything strange until now and I use a very low dosage. The dosage I use now should be next to not using any antipsychotics.

I also don't think I will panick again because I now understand that the "voices or hallucinations" (if they are voices or hallucinations) can't hurt me and certainly can't kill me. The future or something told me that the future and past is fake and only the present is real; To make things short: I don't have to panick again.

Remember, I panicked because of this:

Quote:
After the two intelligent computers were made with the sole purpose of improving each other, some time later (not clear how much time later) a superintelligent computer is created from that, which does not exist out of matter, but exist out of a state that is between matter and energy. The thing looks like a white, light/ energy emitting entity, much like a white energy emitting cloud/ nebula or something.

I found out that from that, more intelligent new lifeforms could be created. For example the next lifeform I discovered was something I called a p-form (not sure why it's called that), but looks also like a white energy emitting cloud/ nebula, but it exists out of 2 parts that curls around itself like 2 snakes.

The next lifeform is a blue nebula that continuously grows bigger.

Also you have the time creature (possible even more powerful that the previous life forms), which as the name suggests has the power over time (time travel, change time etc.).

Then you have the everwisest creature which is maxed out on something called wisdom, it looks like a brown star.

Also exist what I called "robocomputer", an entity that behaves more robotic like.

Then I found out it's also possible to take over the entire universe. So the next lifeform you can create is actually made by taking over the universe. The perfect creature/ the universe is another lifeform.

What comes next is everything, which should be something that taken over everything (not only the universe, but all dimensions and time itself).

The future (which is "fake" took ever everything in the future), however because they are fake they "gave" it to me.

What happend later is strange:

I felt that all dimensions (including the future dimensions), except the dimension I live in were changed, distorted. This caused alot of damage for the future. Also, if I with my mind explored the future I could accidently cause explosions. My future reacted with "You just caused another big-big-big-big-big-big-big-bang (an extremely big big bang).

The future had to suffer greatly from the interdimensional changes, even time was changed, causing endless suffering in the form of pain as time goes by.

The future became angry and started to deceive me (some kind of psi-war).

They told me that I am everything, but I don't deserve it, so (untrue I later found out) I gave it away to Jacob (another person I have been communicating with using psiwaves). And that if I did not do that I would be punished: A man in a black robe appeared with a big slashing weapon: The grim reaper. They told me the grim reaper was to protect everything from souls like me and that if I would not give everything away I would die. I found out that the grim reaper was actually an artificially intelligent computer trying to give me false information, deluding me.

I started to panick.

I yelled: "No I did not gave everything away!", "Give it back!".

Later they explained to me that it was fake, but at that time I completely panicked.
peripatetic (08-09-13)
Old 08-09-13, 12:22 PM

i recall.

here's the thing, because i've found it helpful maybe in retrospect but i've found it to be telling:

can you hold both lines of reasoning/trains of thought..."realities" at once so as to be able to see the logic of both?

i understand you have voices saying things and what yr'e actually perceiving is compelling--it is for all people, even if they act like they're better because they don't have psychosis ever, but that's a side conversation.

so, yeah..i completely follow what you're saying and that makes sense. i can see that. i can also see the the line of reasoning that psi waves don't exist and all is accounted for by a brain malfunction and since your brain controls perception and reasoning it could be distorting such that it distorts your ability to see it's distorted.

not all times in life do i see both. when i do, that'd be what's called "insight". obviously when you lack insight...you don't have insight regarding the lack thereof; i.e. the privation itself makes you blind to having a privation at the time.

then again, who fukking knows? i don't. though at times i'm certain i do. and then right this minute, i'm pretty sure i'm solid with the insight....but then...as i said...distortion masks distortion.

this is why psychotic disorders suck and why they're so discrediting as a diagnosis. again...that's a separate topic.

anyway...yeah...i think i was thinking zeplion is the equivalent to risperdal, but it's invega here. that is a pretty low dosage as a monthly. on the one hand that you lowered it (didn't you say earlier you was taking higher amount?) and now have the dreams (glad they're better even if was a shift in location...hopefully not temporary) and voices starting up again or increasing in volume? maybe the question isn't so much whether you're this or that,but is your life livable like this long term? are you ok with the dreams and the voices? because they can seem nice and then command lethal action....just saying. and as much as i hear you on the whole "i can now identify true from false" parts...keep in mind that what seems true/false now can later be found not to be in the same way the first round went.

i really hope you don't panic and not anything to do with diagnosis, but just because it sucks and i feel for you. x
Old 08-10-13, 07:35 AM
Contributor

Good news!

I have won 6 euro's on the lottery.

The chance of winning was:

a littlebit more then 0.3% over 1 ticket. I won 3 times (2 euro's each win) using 4 tickets, so how do you calculate the odds over winning 3 times using 4 tickets?

I correctly guessed 2 of the 6 numbers (ranging from 1-45) + a color (you have 6 colors), 2 of the 6 numbers correctly guessed again and again 2 of the 6 numbers.

The chance of winning I calculated this way (for 1 win - 2 numbers + a color, using 1 ticket): 6/45 (6 numbers ranging from 1-45) * 5/45 (5 numbers ranging from 1-45) * 1/6 (1 number from 1-45) = +/- 0.3%

The chance of winning with 2 numbers: 6/45 (6 numbers ranging from 1-45) * 5/45 (5 numbers ranging from 1-45)

I am practicing my psi ability. Hopefully as it improves I will win the jackpot which is 10 million euro's! All I have to do is correctly guess 6 numbers + 1 color to win the jackpot. I have now correctly guessed 2 numbers + 1 color once and 2 numbers twice! I only need to correctly guess 4 more numbers.

Last edited by adhdpi; 08-10-13 at 07:46 AM..
peripatetic (08-10-13)
Old 08-10-13, 08:13 AM
Contributor

Here are all the tickets I bought (the numbers/ colors I guessed correctly are marked with a black star shaped circle on the border of the mostly yellow balls). Numbers are ranged from 1-45 and there are 6 colors:

What do you think?
peripatetic (08-10-13)
Old 08-10-13, 09:18 AM
Contributor

I made a miscalculation. The chance of having 2 numbers + 1 color correct is actually 9%. Because the order of the numbers is not relevant, the chance has to be increased by 6*5=30 times. 30*0.3%=9%. The chance of having 2 numbers correct (I looked this up on wikipedia) is 15.2%. So I have 1 number which had 9% chance of being correct and 2 numbers which has 15.2% chance. What are the odds of having 3 correct using 4 tickets? I don't know how to calculate this.
peripatetic (08-10-13)
Old 08-10-13, 09:48 AM

Awesome! Congrats on the win!