ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-18, 03:21 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,823 Times in 13,488 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
It sucks that you are stuck up there when things are better else where. If there is no way to move ebony then try not to agonise about it. If you can't move her you can't move her. (Or could you?)
If I had a long-term place to move to and could guarantee her asthma wouldn't flare up to the point of almost killing her, I could move her once more (in theory). In practice I have serious concerns about moving her back down there, cause of her asthma

Last time I moved her a long distance (from there to here) poor Ebony's asthma got so bad she nearly died

edit: sorry I had to dash AFK, Ebony had another one of her staring-into-space-at-nothing-and-meowling things again, which I'm getting her into the vet in a couple of weeks about because this is the third one she's had in two weeks, not counting last week because I wasn't here and a family member was looking after them and didn't report any to me but it doesn't mean Ebony didn't have any, just means family member didn't see any when she called in to check on the girls and feed them both.

Tigger's come to see what I'm doing now, she says I owe her kisses and snuggles as compensation for being away <3

I really hope what Ebony does isn't something that could kill her
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-13-18), Lunacie (01-12-18)
Old 01-12-18, 04:25 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Ebony didn't respond when I called her to see if she wanted a drink and decided she'd rather have her drink in bed, she's come down now to investigate Tigger's drink but I keep replaying in my head how Tom was at the end and fear the worst here someone please tell me I'm overreacting? And that Ebony will live for several more years yet, with the right care?

Old 01-12-18, 05:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,557 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

No more semi-strenuous exercise is -10F weather.

Induced asthma results in coughing and anxiety.

Cough Cough,
Ian
acdc01 (01-12-18), Greyhound1 (01-12-18), Little Missy (01-12-18), Lunacie (01-12-18), psychopathetic (01-12-18), stef (01-12-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-18, 06:38 AM

Thanked 6,478 Times in 3,092 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up this morning to find i've just had a major random breakout. I've been trying so hard lately, watching my diet, keeping myself fit and sticking to a strict skincare regime. Why does my face punish me for doing all of the right things?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 07:09 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,375 Times in 7,651 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I think my foot is broken. Or a muscle is pulled or a tendon or something. All I know is each step sends sharp pins up my entire foot and leg like I've never experienced before...
Been like this for a couple of days now, over the counter pain meds do nothing...might head to the clinic this weekend to get it checked out if it doesn't go away on it's own.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 10:26 AM

I am still deeply torn between staying here and moving back down. Theres pros and cons both sides.

And mum said go where you want but in the next breath stay away from that area.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-13-18), psychopathetic (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 10:55 AM

Thanked 30,353 Times in 13,987 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Woke up this morning to find i've just had a major random breakout. I've been trying so hard lately, watching my diet, keeping myself fit and sticking to a strict skincare regime. Why does my face punish me for doing all of the right things?
When I lost a ton of weight by dieting my skin went absolutely bonkers. I've never had that many breakouts in my life...not even as a teenager. I don't know if it's a lack of carbs or fat or what happened. Actually this has happened a few times if I remember correctly. Annoyingly I also breakout if I have too much of junk.

If you are using too harsh products on your skin or unfamiliar ones your skin can react too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-13-18), psychopathetic (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 10:55 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

(((((((Midsy))))))) I hate having orverwhelming decisions that need to be made in life.

Is there anything I can do at all for you?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-13-18), midnightstar (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 10:57 AM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I think my foot is broken. Or a muscle is pulled or a tendon or something. All I know is each step sends sharp pins up my entire foot and leg like I've never experienced before...
Been like this for a couple of days now, over the counter pain meds do nothing...might head to the clinic this weekend to get it checked out if it doesn't go away on it's own.
Woah...get it checked out

It could be sciatica as well or some sort of back problem. Does it radiate up to your buttocks as well?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 10:58 AM

Quote:
When I lost a ton of weight by dieting my skin went absolutely bonkers. I've never had that many breakouts in my life...not even as a teenager. I don't know if it's a lack of carbs or fat or what happened. Actually this has happened a few times if I remember correctly. Annoyingly I also breakout if I have too much of junk.

If you are using too harsh products on your skin or unfamiliar ones your skin can react too.
Which is precisely why I don't fuss with dieting. I just do NOT have the time to deal with breakouts!

on a more serious note...I'm lucky to have never of had issues with this. I had enough self esteem issues to deal with.
Sorry you're having so many issues with it atm

(((Hugs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 01-13-18, 11:07 AM

Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My skin scars up from every breakout and it takes months to heal. Even then, my skin never looks "normal". The only way to get my skin clear is to water fast for several weeks straight. But as soon as I start eating anything again, regardless of how healthy, it happens all over again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-13-18), Fuzzy12 (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 11:13 AM

Quote:
My skin scars up from every breakout and it takes months to heal. Even then, my skin never looks "normal". The only way to get my skin clear is to water fast for several weeks straight. But as soon as I start eating anything again, regardless of how healthy, it happens all over again.
I don't know if it's something you want to look into but a friend of mine used to have terrible terrible skin problems. Acne I mean. And again she is in her 30ies. Nothing worked. Finally she saw a dermatologist and got some sort of shots regular. I'm not sure what they are called but they contain extremely high concertos of vitamin A. That finally cleared up her skin. She took them.for a year or so. She stopped about a year ago and her skin is still clear. She still has the scars from the previous breakouts but they are also very slowly fading.

I'm not sure if it was shots. Maybe just oral meds but she had to take them under the supervision of a clinician.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-13-18), Lunacie (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I don't know if it's something you want to look into but a friend of mine used to have terrible terrible skin problems. Acne I mean. And again she is in her 30ies. Nothing worked. Finally she saw a dermatologist and got some sort of shots regular. I'm not sure what they are called but they contain extremely high concertos of vitamin A. That finally cleared up her skin. She took them.for a year or so. She stopped about a year ago and her skin is still clear. She still has the scars from the previous breakouts but they are also very slowly fading.

I'm not sure if it was shots. Maybe just oral meds but she had to take them under the supervision of a clinician.
It was probably tretinoin. I took that stuff over 10 years ago and it helped a lot at the time. But with the current NHS budget constraints, they'll only prescribe it in the most severe cases.
Old 01-13-18, 11:34 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,231 Times in 520 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Does your diet after the water fast include dairy or other high allergen foods? I've heard people say food allergies caused their breakouts, with dairy being the most common culprit.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
Does your diet after the water fast include dairy or other high allergen foods? I've heard people say food allergies caused their breakouts, with dairy being the most common culprit.
I suspect I have allergies to gluten, carbs, sugars, salts, dairy... etc

Pretty much all food has at least one of these in them. I think my digestive system is broken, or not functioning the way it should be. I'm just not sure what else I can do to repair it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
WhiteOwl (01-13-18)
Closed Thread