ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-20, 06:05 PM
ADDvanced Member

Drogheda98 has a spectacular aura aboutDrogheda98 has a spectacular aura about
I figured out the...answer to the riddle of the sphinx

first, I think I might need to owe you an apology turdoise, I had to get to the ego statement of not having to prove myself, the best way was to say it to to you turdoise, sense we had a disagreement in the past. if in anyway I hurt your feelings I appologize. I woke up early this morning, a nap was taken, but I woke up early

the riddle of the sphinx

It was said in late lore that Hera or Ares sent the Sphinx from her Aethiopian homeland (the Greeks always remembered the foreign origin of the Sphinx) to Thebes in Greece where she asked all passersby the most famous riddle in history: "Which creature has one voice and yet becomes four-footed and two-footed and three-footed?" She strangled and devoured anyone who could not answer. Oedipus solved the riddle by answering: "Man—who crawls on all fours as a baby, then walks on two feet as an adult, and then uses a walking stick in old age"

I figured out the uncanny when Austin died, that's the only proof I want to give because we all answer this riddle in one way or another, the answer is personal, the coolest part of the riddle is that that entire paragraph is the riddle, dripping in symbolism, I will say this though, nuanced thought is required to know it and it can only be realized by each person. the riddle of the sphinx is a meta-meta-meta-meta-meta riddle for any of you who want to try to answer it, there are no right or wrong answers though. if anybody wants to discuss I will be glad too.

personally, after realization, I figured out some more ways I operate in the world. also, personally, I've been journaling a lot more in a notebook, taking points from the notebook and putting them into a calendar, I've got a guardan growing.

I haven't said this but to 2 people to my memory, I haven't smoked in 50 days, I didn't want any external validation plus I wanted to get the triggers under control, now I'm resolute about doing the same with drinking alcohol.

talk to yall later.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drogheda98 For This Useful Post:
namazu (05-31-20), tudorose (06-01-20)
Old 06-01-20, 06:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,473 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I figured out the...answer to the riddle of the sphinx

All good Mate No offence taken

Journaling is good and congrats on not smoking for 50 days. If only I could apply that level of discipline to my food choices. That seems to be how I am destroying myself.

Every day feels like a struggle
Drogheda98 (06-01-20), namazu (06-01-20)
Old 06-02-20, 12:19 AM
Contributor

SashaBV has a spectacular aura aboutSashaBV has a spectacular aura about

I'll have to remember that riddle. Although I don't use a cane, even though I am old. I gave up drinking because of my medications...just not a good idea to mix alcohol with meds at my age. Good work on giving up the smokes!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Drogheda98 (06-02-20), namazu (06-02-20)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-20, 10:46 PM
ADDvanced Member

thanks both of you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drogheda98 For This Useful Post:
tudorose (06-04-20)
Old 06-17-20, 12:57 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBV View Post
I'll have to remember that riddle. Although I don't use a cane, even though I am old. I gave up drinking because of my medications...just not a good idea to mix alcohol with meds at my age. Good work on giving up the smokes!
"Although I don't use a cane"

hint hint, exactly.