ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 03-06-09, 01:38 AM
ADDvanced Member

lychweake will become famous soon enough
You folks have inspired me to....

Look into about going to college and becoming a CIVIL TRIAL LAWYER that specializes in Employment Law!!!!

I can't stand it anymore....everytime I read one of your posts and when I go to work having to deal with the bosses, I can't just stand back and do nothing...

IMO what is even more effective than violence and civil unrest is being able to use the power of words and laws in order to help the helpless and those to whom have just been kicked around for far too long.

The only problem is I wear an "engineer's hat" when it comes to learning and knowing that for the type of material I would have to study in law school would be one of the most difficult things I probably would ever have to do.

The good news is that due to my "hyperfocusing" ability and when I normally feel "passionate" about a particular issue then there's no stopping me.

So just wish me luck in being able to see this thing through and not getting distracted along the way, which I probably will but anyways I just wanted to let you all know there's a particular "nobody" out there, that's looking out for YOU!!!.

This ******* is determined and ready for battle, now these Nazi/corporate sons' of *****es have awakened a sleeping giant....yes yes they have f'd with the wrong person for everything I have ever set out to do in my life has usually for the most part been accomplished and ready for anything.

Everything will be alright....just relax, ok? "they" will get theirs soon enough.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lychweake For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (03-18-09), Retromancer (03-06-09), sarek (03-23-09), stef (03-08-09)
Old 03-06-09, 01:58 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,415 Times in 6,122 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You folks and the "Nazi/Facists" have inspired me to....

Hey sounds like a plan.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 03-06-09, 02:55 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadd823 View Post
Hey sounds like a plan.
If you don't stand up to these bullies then they'll continue to push people around and because legally you cant "beat their heads in" with a crowbar or a blunt object then by becoming a civil trial lawyer is the next best thing!!!!

Don't mind my harsh words, I am just "channeling" the rage and anger of every person that's been hurt and will put "it" to good use
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-09, 03:26 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,415 Times in 6,122 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't mind my harsh words, I am just "channeling" the rage and anger of every person that's been hurt and will put "it" to good use
Your words are harsh??? I didn't take it that way - I took it as you are tired of seeing people pushed around and bullied I see some one who wants to do some thing to change this that doesn't involve a prison possibility - I see nothing wrong with that

I am a direct person some times my words come out harsh when I am passionate. I don't mind other people being direct saves time.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 03-06-09, 01:19 PM
Committee of One

Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,774 Posts
Retromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond repute

Kudos to you! Be sure to post when you pass your bar exam. I can almost guarantee you will be receiving calls for your services. We are heading into interesting times.

A small dissent -- this is not the time for we workers to 'relax'. Being good little workers has brought us to where we are now. "Power yields nothing without a struggle." -- Frederick Douglas.

Here is a good start:

DETROIT (Reuters) - A December sit-in at a closed factory in Chicago made national headlines for the workers at Republic Windows & Doors when they won severance and health care from the shuttered company's lenders.

Among those speaking in support of their cause was the new U.S. President-elect Barack Obama, a former Chicago community organizer. Now the workers have taken to the road to rouse other blue-collar workers to organize for a bigger battle.

Victorious Chicago union on tour to rally for labor law

Quote:
Originally Posted by lychweake View Post
Look into about going to college and becoming a CIVIL TRIAL LAWYER that specializes in Employment Law!!!!

I can't stand it anymore....everytime I read one of your posts and when I go to work having to deal with the bosses, I can't just stand back and do nothing...

IMO what is even more effective than violence and civil unrest is being able to use the power of words and laws in order to help the helpless and those to whom have just been kicked around for far too long.

The only problem is I wear an "engineer's hat" when it comes to learning and knowing that for the type of material I would have to study in law school would be one of the most difficult things I probably would ever have to do.

The good news is that due to my "hyperfocusing" ability and when I normally feel "passionate" about a particular issue then there's no stopping me.

So just wish me luck in being able to see this thing through and not getting distracted along the way, which I probably will but anyways I just wanted to let you all know there's a particular "nobody" out there, that's looking out for YOU!!!.

This ******* is determined and ready for battle, now these Nazi/corporate sons' of *****es have awakened a sleeping giant....yes yes they have f'd with the wrong person for everything I have ever set out to do in my life has usually for the most part been accomplished and ready for anything.

Everything will be alright....just relax, ok? "they" will get theirs soon enough.
-- Oscar Wilde
Old 03-06-09, 03:17 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

AbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: You folks and the "Nazi/Facists" have inspired me to....

Go for it, Lychweake! Stick it to the man!
Old 03-08-09, 10:38 AM
Contributor

kettish will become famous soon enough

Heck yeah! Give 'em a good swift legal kick in the behind for me. >:C I still don't have that freaking paycheck! Let us know when you pass your bar, I'll be giving you a call.
Old 03-08-09, 05:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

firstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsentMindProf View Post
Go for it, Lychweake! Stick it to the man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettish View Post
Heck yeah! Give 'em a good swift legal kick in the behind for me. >:C I still don't have that freaking paycheck!
Don't people who become lawyers also become 'the man'? Been an employer and employee several times. Things do and don't change on both sides.

Visit the Exercise Forum here to check out the Get Fit Club, a group of people changing their lives for the better by caring for themselves enough to exercise.

"Spend a day in my head before you tell me what my problem is!"
Old 03-15-09, 08:53 PM
Forum Guru

Logic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to all

Once upon a time, when Logic's brain was far far away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lychweake View Post
because legally you cant "beat their heads in" with a crowbar or a blunt object
I can vouch for that...doesn't go down very well with HR...

Just replace 'beat their heads in' with 'thrown in general direction of head' and 'blunt object' with '42" Stilson Wrench'...

Logic
Old 03-18-09, 03:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,013 Times in 508 Posts
chartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant future

lychweake - I'm excited for you. I think you've chosen a wonderful path.

If I were going into law, I'd choose civil rights as well, and I like your emphasis on employment. I think your services are going to be sorely needed.

There's just an unbelievable amount of crap that goes on - a couple of days ago I read that Florida wants to drug test everybody claiming unemployment, and then I saw a posting on a board where someone showed up to take a group test for a Sheriff's clerk job and they were told that if they have a credit score under 650 or a home that's been foreclosed on, don't bother.

Don't know exactly what kind of stuff gets your blood boiling, but the above examples do it for me. Anyway, best of luck, and please do keep us posted!
Old 03-23-09, 02:05 AM
ADDvanced Member

Re: You folks have inspired me to....

Yes yes thank you for the encouraging words....as the one issue I must overcome is that I have more of an "engineer's brain" in the way I learn ie (better at math/science/technical material) and naturally terrible at the type of material a law student would have to learn (analytical reading/comprehension and tricky multiple choice test questions)

When I had to take algebra in college I did not study or do much of anything and made it out with a C average which amazed me with my lack of effort but on the other hand when I took Business law, I had to bust my hump and if it wasn't for the extra credit assignments I would of failed horribly; even with all of that work I ended up getting a C average.

Law/gov type material has always been my weakest point in learning...but thats the career path with the most promise compared to Engineering/Science currently in the US.

Sadly I am an engineer / scientist at heart, it depresses me to think that we lost the "tech race" and that 3rd world nations are busting out with more scientists/engineers than we are.

Not to jump off subject but if eventually I conclude that my cynicism has led me to be correct on the current state in Science/Engineering....then what else is there for me???

Wow just thinking about law school is overwhelming but if there aren't enough people that wish to take a "vow" in protecting the innocent then we are all screwed

Don't mind my "ramblings" for the first time in my life I feel that I've reached a cross road and have no idea which path to take and I can't stand here picking my nose....what to do?? what to do???