ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-19, 12:58 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,095 Times in 7,986 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

I'm also pretty convinced that I have restless leg syndrome.
I've kinda figured I've had it for years now...I just never thought it was a serious condition and so never thought much of it.

But I looked it up last night (after not being able to fall asleep again!)...and yeah...it's actually pretty serious as it leads to insomnia...and I know well how much of a pain in the rear insomnia is.
I think it explains the ball of energy I'm getting in my chest too.

In my research I found out that movement can increase the levels of dopamine in your system...which explains SO much to me! I think I may have low dopamine levels (can they find that out through blood tests?) which plays into my ADD. And I think me moving my legs like I do (pretty much anytime I'm resting...but it sometimes gets more intense/rapid as I'm trying to fall asleep) it's increasing my dopamine levels which then causes my heart to beat faster and leads to my racing thoughts mind...along with causing all this energy and anxiety to build up inside of me...making sleep damn near impossible.
I've been going through this my whole life.

Over the years I've tried different kinds of sleep meds. Ambian worked...but it also made me sleep walk and have VERY vivid dreams I didn't like.
Currently she has me on Ativan (a benzo)....and I've tried it twice in the last few days, and it does make me really drowsy...but does absolutely nothing to help me fall asleep. The energy inside of me cuts right through it and I just end up laying in bed with racing thoughts...going nuts trying to doze off.

There's other meds that can help with restless leg syndrome...

But instead I think I'm going to try going a non-medicine route to try and get my sleep better under control.
I'm not going to take anymore of my ativan...instead I'm going to try to force myself on to a sleeping schedule. I did it before and it was pretty nice. I think now that I'm on my cpap machine, being on a routine will do me a ton of good.
The research I did last night kept mentioning that doing something like this can help with restless leg syndrome. So we'll see.

lol sorry for the long post.
>.<'

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-01-19), namazu (03-01-19)
Old 03-01-19, 05:56 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,423 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I'm also pretty convinced that I have restless leg syndrome.
I've kinda figured I've had it for years now...I just never thought it was a serious condition and so never thought much of it.

But I looked it up last night (after not being able to fall asleep again!)...and yeah...it's actually pretty serious as it leads to insomnia...and I know well how much of a pain in the rear insomnia is.
I think it explains the ball of energy I'm getting in my chest too.

In my research I found out that movement can increase the levels of dopamine in your system...which explains SO much to me! I think I may have low dopamine levels (can they find that out through blood tests?) which plays into my ADD. And I think me moving my legs like I do (pretty much anytime I'm resting...but it sometimes gets more intense/rapid as I'm trying to fall asleep) it's increasing my dopamine levels which then causes my heart to beat faster and leads to my racing thoughts mind...along with causing all this energy and anxiety to build up inside of me...making sleep damn near impossible.
I've been going through this my whole life.

Over the years I've tried different kinds of sleep meds. Ambian worked...but it also made me sleep walk and have VERY vivid dreams I didn't like.
Currently she has me on Ativan (a benzo)....and I've tried it twice in the last few days, and it does make me really drowsy...but does absolutely nothing to help me fall asleep. The energy inside of me cuts right through it and I just end up laying in bed with racing thoughts...going nuts trying to doze off.

There's other meds that can help with restless leg syndrome...

But instead I think I'm going to try going a non-medicine route to try and get my sleep better under control.
I'm not going to take anymore of my ativan...instead I'm going to try to force myself on to a sleeping schedule. I did it before and it was pretty nice. I think now that I'm on my cpap machine, being on a routine will do me a ton of good.
The research I did last night kept mentioning that doing something like this can help with restless leg syndrome. So we'll see.

lol sorry for the long post.
>.<'
With RLS mine improved by cutting out wheat and reduced sugar. Not sure why...

Maybe give it a try for a week and see if there's anything in it
Little Missy (03-01-19), namazu (03-01-19), psychopathetic (03-01-19)
Old 03-01-19, 11:35 AM

Thanked 27,040 Times in 12,619 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Saw my doctor today...had some blood work done.

My A1C (sugar levels) are still too high...but they're MUCH better than my last visit a few months ago. 7.7 (they were above 12 ).

My thyroid levels are slowly coming down as well. They should be between 0-5 I think...they were really high (not sure how high off the top of my head...I'm guessing well over 40)...then last I checked they were at 26...today they're at 17'ish. He's going to double my thyroid meds.

And I'm down 15 pounds from my last visit.

I still have high blood pressure though (going to increase that med too), and my liver levels are out of whack (lots of highs going on)...so he wants to keep an eye on that.

He doesn't like that I'm giving myself so much insulin...says he's never had a patiant take as much as I'm taking...but as long as I'm not getting lows he's willing to work with it for now.
I know that if I made some wiser choices I'd be able to take less insulin...but meh. I great at knowing all the right things to do...not so great at actually doing them.

He's also going to have my local oxygen place (the guys who work with me with my cpap machine) do an at home test on me to see if my oxygen levels are dropping as I sleep. If not, I will no longer need to use my oxygen (which I stopped using after getting put on my cpap machine. I don't feel like I need it anymore).
This sounds like good news. Hope it all continues to improve.

I didn't even put on my c-pap last night because my cheek is definitely swollen
from the tooth extraction. Slept pretty good and I needed that.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-01-19), psychopathetic (03-01-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-19, 12:34 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

OH!

I totally just founded my spirit animal!
I need a nap!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-04-19), Lunacie (03-02-19), SashaBV (03-06-19)
Old 03-03-19, 06:49 PM

Thanked 22,463 Times in 12,089 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I made a microwave baked potato and it was damned good. A slice of Pink Lady
and I'm done.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-03-19), psychopathetic (03-03-19)
Old 03-03-19, 07:54 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey! Tomorrow and the rest of the week are going to be normal March weather! No more zero or below.

I bet my insurance company is going to balk at this new very involved and expensive damage. An endorsement will be forthcoming.

I sure am glad I didn't do it.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-03-19)
Old 03-04-19, 04:31 AM

Thanked 30,817 Times in 14,172 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if I'll ever be able to do anything where it isn't two steps forward and then a dozen steps back? Is this an ADHD thing?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-04-19), psychopathetic (03-04-19), SashaBV (03-06-19)
Old 03-04-19, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I wonder if I'll ever be able to do anything where it isn't two steps forward and then a dozen steps back? Is this an ADHD thing?
I don't know...but I'm the same way. Especially when it comes to big things in life.

The real issue for me I'm going through now...is that its been such a long lasting pattern in my life...that I don't even want to try big things (like employment or volunteering) because I already know what's going to happen.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-04-19)
Old 03-04-19, 07:40 AM

Starting out with a -12

Old 03-04-19, 11:28 AM

Thanked 27,040 Times in 12,619 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Starting out with a -12
That's about what the wind chill is here. Yours must be crazy low.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-04-19)
Old 03-04-19, 01:56 PM

3 now.

very sunny

Old 03-04-19, 02:37 PM

Morgan_1397 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I have had this same thought a countless number of times...I always try to stop and look at the positives, that's what has helped me get through a lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to Morgan_1397 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (03-04-19)
Old 03-04-19, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
3 now.

very sunny
Oh! Them's be shorts and tank top weather! Time to get out the lawn chair and sunscreen?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-04-19)
Old 03-04-19, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Oh! Them's be shorts and tank top weather! Time to get out the lawn chair and sunscreen?
and it is now 10!!

Old 03-06-19, 05:45 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,481 Times in 765 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

Anything...Anything
Anything...Anything
Anything...Anything

Copypasta!!! Om Nom Nom Nom!

MOOoooooOOoooo Imma eachu cuz I'm a dinosaur MEEOW

just something random because I thought it would be funny
midnightstar (03-06-19)