ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-18, 10:54 PM

teenuh216 is on a distinguished road
Post Is Adderall IR really PRN??

I was told Adderall IR is fine PRN, but now I'm getting mixed reviews. People are saying you need to take it daily for a period of time to see if it works, and to allow your body to get used to it.

I'm bringing my dose down to 7.5mg tomorrow to see if it helps. I was getting headache-like symptoms. Not unbearable and not throbbing. Just felt like something wasn't right upstairs.

I tried: 30, 22.5, and it varies on 15mg whether or not I get a headache.
The point is, I have not been taking the med daily. in fact, there have been several days in between.

Also, do you guys take it on an empty stomach? I have called two different pharmacists and each tells me different things.

Pharmacist #1: Take on an empty stomach and wait 60 mins before eating. They also said a headache was normal in the beginning and I need to allow my body to adjust and to take daily to allow it to happen.

Pharmacist #2: Take with food and headaches aren't normal.