ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-11-18, 10:50 AM

Jill22089 is on a distinguished road
Issues getting things done on adderal and Vyvanse

Does anyone feel like maybe you wake up you put the TV on and then before you know it you watched it for an hour even though you promised yourself you would be productive today? Or like you have so many thoughts going through your head you can't focus on the moment you're like I have to do this and instead of doing the list in your head as you go on your like I also have to do this and it gets very confusing and you just never finish anything and the time goes by so fast does anyone experienced anything like that because it's driving me crazy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jill22089 For This Useful Post:
BlackWarrior (10-13-18), DanielGM1970 (10-12-18), lisariver (10-11-18), psychopathetic (10-11-18)
Old 10-11-18, 11:14 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,420 Times in 7,677 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Issues getting things done on adderal and Vyvanse

Yes

I think I likely have a legit addiction to my computer. It's the first thing I do when I wake up...I turn it on, and there goes my day.

Adderall use to help a ton with getting things done. Adderall still helps...I'm pretty much unfunctional without it...but I no longer get a whole lot done while on it anymore like I use to .

Another thing that happens to me a lot is I go into what I call oblivion. I'll sit there a make a plan to do something...big or small...and then I'll just get lost in my head with thoughts. Who knows what I'm thinking about...it's almost like I just float away. I was never quite sure what this was...so I called it oblivion...but then I got diagnosed with ADHD-PI and realize now that it's daydreaming...which explains it well.

This is what happens a lot when I'm late for stuff. I'll be all like "okay i have to get up and put my pants and shoes on"...then as I'm sitting there about to get up, I start day dreaming...and all the sudden 15 minutes has passed and now I'm going to be late for whatever.

This is something adderall does still help with.

(((Hugs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-11-18), SashaBV (10-11-18)
Old 10-11-18, 12:14 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,635 Times in 15,115 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I think it has to do with the medications. I felt like what you describe on adderall ir but not with xr. And vyvanse was pretty useless for me.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-11-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-18, 01:23 PM

Budkeiser is on a distinguished road

Medication can't "make" you turn the tv or the computer on. What is the reason you turned it on? The only reason I used to turn tv on in the morning after getting up was for the weather. Once I was informed about the weather, I turned it off. Now I just check the weather app for the information I need. I'll turn the tv on in the evening when my day is done if there is something to watch.

Maybe simplify your routine to stay on schedule? I find lists helpful. It also reminds me of what needs to be done.
Old 10-11-18, 07:51 PM

Not me I always watch TV during the day Modern Family normal stuff like that I watch a lot of TV actually LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to Jill22089 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-18, 08:14 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budkeiser View Post
Medication can't "make" you turn the tv or the computer on.
I don't think anyone here meant to say that they think their medication is "making" them turn our tv or computers on.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Jill22089 (10-11-18)
Old 10-11-18, 08:35 PM

Thank you I appreciate only thought that was a rude comment and I can imagine a lot of people that talk exactly like that they're usually people that use intellect to make themselves higher than others
The Following User Says Thank You to Jill22089 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-18, 08:40 PM

(((Jill)))

Yeah I took the comment as a bit rude/harsh too. Wasn't sure if it was just me or not! lol

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Jill22089 (10-13-18)
Old 10-13-18, 09:34 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,635 Times in 15,115 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I really dont think Bud meant to be rude. I think he was just saying what works for him.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Budkeiser (10-13-18), Little Missy (10-13-18), psychopathetic (10-13-18)
Old 10-13-18, 11:03 AM

Budkeiser is on a distinguished road

I apologize. My intent was not to be rude, sarcastic or negative. I was attempting to be helpful and supportive.
Little Missy (10-13-18), sarahsweets (10-13-18)
Old 10-13-18, 12:17 PM
Jr Member

mets91428 is on a distinguished road

It sounds like a routine of yours that you have to change. Compulsions have us do the strangest things, often what we're not aware of. If the first thing you do is get up to watch TV and you feel as though it's interfering with your daily life, which in this post it seems like that's the case, change up what you do in the morning. Instead of watching TV, train yourself to go for a walk, or put the radio on, or read the morning paper. If it's more of a distraction thing, like you can't tune out of TV after watching for a period of time, maybe the meds aren't strong enough because you're still distracted and unable to shift focus onto something else?
Old 10-17-18, 02:18 AM

Rallied is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill22089 View Post
Does anyone feel like maybe you wake up you put the TV on and then before you know it you watched it for an hour even though you promised yourself you would be productive today? Or like you have so many thoughts going through your head you can't focus on the moment you're like I have to do this and instead of doing the list in your head as you go on your like I also have to do this and it gets very confusing and you just never finish anything and the time goes by so fast does anyone experienced anything like that because it's driving me crazy
What dose are you taking? It's supposed to calm you down and quiet all those extra thoughts SO you CAN focus on the moment, sounds to me like your dose is too low because what you are describing is literally adhd symptoms that your current dosage is not addressing.
Old 10-21-18, 06:30 AM

That would be insane because I take 70 mg Vyvanse and then when that wears off 10 milligram instant release Adderall and then another 10 milligram instant release Adderall in that wears off it used to be 50 Vyvanse one 10 mg Adderall but the duration wasn't enough so that's what we changed it to like 2 months ago