ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-11-18, 07:25 PM
Jr Member

mets91428 is on a distinguished road
Is sedation, sleepiness, and drowsiness normal?

Hello everyone. I wrote on here not too long ago about my experience with Adderall. I was recently prescribed 7.5mg. I started on Monday, only taking one. On Tuesday, I took 4 in a day because I had a lot of stuff I needed to do. I noticed that it wasn't lasting long at all-- about 3 hours. I was crashing hard after every dose, thus why I took two extra. It somewhat smoothed out after the 4th dose. On Wednesday, I took only two and then had like two cups of coffee. Today, I took one at 8AM, by 10AM I felt completely out of it: sleepy, drowsy, slowed thinking.

There's more I want to say, but I have to leave. From this point forward, I'm only taking it twice a day and cutting coffee completely out. I noticed that it'll somewhat work for about an hour, then I start to feel, "out of it." Currently, it hasn't addressed my focus much, barely.

In two weeks, when I see the doctor again, is there a chance 10mg will be any better, or should I ask for XR?

Thanks.
Old 10-12-18, 02:47 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,633 Times in 15,114 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is sedation, sleepiness, and drowsiness normal?

How many times a day are you supposed to take it? Is it xr or ir? What is your total daily dosage>?\

I carried a watermelon?
Old 10-12-18, 07:23 PM
Jr Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. It's 7.5mg IR, taken twice a day. Today was..... very different. My first dose didn't have me feeling anything like yesterday, at all. It was working, somewhat. My second dose was a little different of an experience. 1.5 hours after taking it, I felt a little drowsy. Half hour later it went away, but I did feel the peaks and valleys all throughout, in terms of mental functioning. Emotionally, I was a little irritable after it wore off, that didn't last long either.

It feels like I am heading in the right direction for the first time in my life. I just hope my past doesn't haunt me in the future when looking for work.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-18, 04:53 AM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

If you are only supposed to take 2 then what made you try 4?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 10-13-18, 12:06 PM
Jr Member

What I am trying to do is establish at least 14 hours of medication coverage. I consider myself to have really bad ADD, was diagnosed with it in public school. I've read about other users experience, what they go through day to day, and that's pretty much my life too. I can't pay attention for too long, my thoughts wander, I can't sit still long enough to complete one task, the list goes on and on.

The idea behind taking 4 in a day was to see if I can be medicated for a longer period of time. I noticed the crash coming about 3 hours after taking a pill, thus why I dosed three more times that day-- extend coverage. I'll talk to the doctor when the time comes about how we can reach my target goal of 14 hours. I am considering XR, but I'll wait until I have a better understanding how I react to the IR tablets.
Old 10-13-18, 05:07 PM
Mod-A-holic

I take all xr- 3 20mg a day and 1 ir at the end of the day.

I carried a watermelon?