ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 08-10-18, 12:56 AM

DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road
Self doseing

So i'v been on 72mg Xenidate XL for almost 2 months, The effect started wearing off from me about 2 weeks ago, So i just kept trying ways for it to work again, i'm not on about thay 'high' feeling, i'm more on about keeping me calm, relaxes, able to focus and do stuff, Well my questipn is, istarted taking 108mg and it works completely fine, No side effects, Just that feeling of being calm again, Do i tell my doctor i self dosed or will i get put of this medication?
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMaGiicS For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (08-11-18)
Old 08-10-18, 06:47 AM

Srjs28 is on a distinguished road
Re: Self doseing

I would just tell your doc that the meds are no longer working that good for you anymore. Maybe suggest a different dosage or med. but as much as I would be honest with your doc I don’t think telling him/ her you took more than prescribed. Is just not a great idea
Old 08-10-18, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srjs28 View Post
I would just tell your doc that the meds are no longer working that good for you anymore. Maybe suggest a different dosage or med. but as much as I would be honest with your doc I donít think telling him/ her you took more than prescribed. Is just not a great idea
108mg working just great! I'm just a little worried on what my doctor is going to say back, Strattera didn't work well with me because i just got side effects from it, Only medication in UK is methylphenidate & lisdexamfetamine (elvanse). I haven't tried lisdexamfetamine before, But if 108mg.is working just fine, surely he should keep me on this dose?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-18, 03:06 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaGiicS View Post
108mg working just great! I'm just a little worried on what my doctor is going to say back, Strattera didn't work well with me because i just got side effects from it, Only medication in UK is methylphenidate & lisdexamfetamine (elvanse). I haven't tried lisdexamfetamine before, But if 108mg.is working just fine, surely he should keep me on this dose?
Max dose is 72mg in my country(Comcerta 54+Ritalin)
I think that 108 mg is too high and if you built that kimd of tolerance in short time, it doesnt look like sustainable solution
Maybe you should give Elvanse a try

I also have my problems with methylphenidate, it helps me to handle with inattentive symptoms but it doesnt do anything about impulsive and hyperactive symptoms

And only stratteta and methylphenidate are available

Some people from US here said that Dextroamphetamine is really good for all symptoms
Elvanse is weakest amphetamine but give it a try

Nonsense rules are taking away our right to get treatmenf

If methylphenidate is legal or elvanse is legal then all medications should be
Desoxyn is legal even in US

Old 08-11-18, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
Max dose is 72mg in my country(Comcerta 54+Ritalin)
I think that 108 mg is too high and if you built that kimd of tolerance in short time, it doesnt look like sustainable solution
Maybe you should give Elvanse a try

I also have my problems with methylphenidate, it helps me to handle with inattentive symptoms but it doesnt do anything about impulsive and hyperactive symptoms

And only stratteta and methylphenidate are available

Some people from US here said that Dextroamphetamine is really good for all symptoms
Elvanse is weakest amphetamine but give it a try

Nonsense rules are taking away our right to get treatmenf

If methylphenidate is legal or elvanse is legal then all medications should be
Desoxyn is legal even in US

Where do you live? What country? Here in UK concerta is 108mg, I'm on Xenidate XL 72mg (Taking 108mg)
Because my psychotic i don't think my doctor wants to swap my medication to any other stimulants
I don't think its to high, I feel calm, Relaxed, focused, Had no side effects either
I don't understand why other stimulants like adderall can't be prescribed here in UK, I'v heard so much positive stuff about it
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMaGiicS For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-18, 12:21 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really nice

Quote:
Where do you live? What country? Here in UK concerta is 108mg, I'm on Xenidate XL 72mg (Taking 108mg)
Because my psychotic i don't think my doctor wants to swap my medication to any other stimulants

I don't understand why other stimulants like adderall can't be prescribed here in UK, I'v heard so much positive stuff about it
Ahh sorry i didnt know that maximum legal dose is different there . I thought 72mg is a universal limit

My country(Turkey) is worse than UK mate, no amphetamine meds are allowed here. Only Strattera and Concerta

I heard a lot of good stuff about Dexamphetamine and Adderall too , but many countries do not accept them as legal meds.
Non sense Health Ministers are around the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-18, 12:25 PM
Committee Member

I just want to sue my government for taking away basic human right(treatment) . But cant do it , i dont want to risk my doctorís job :/
Maybe you should sue yours

I sent several e-mails to Health Ministry here about Amphetamine based meds but they didnt respond
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
DarkMaGiicS (08-11-18), psychopathetic (08-11-18)
Old 08-11-18, 01:21 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,453 Times in 7,197 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Man, that's a tough question.

First I want to say that I'm in full support of people exploring their doses trying to find what works for them...as long as they're not chasing a high or anything and aren't doing it dangerously (like popping 5 or 6 pills at a time haha).

Then a BIG part of me wants to say YES!! Be as open and honest with your doctor as you possibly can! Explain to them that the 72mg just wasn't quite enough for you, but that you tried it a couple of times at 108mg and it's working great for you again. Give him some examples of what the 108mg has done for you if you've got any...
Hopefully he/she is a good doctor and will be understanding and happy that you're being honest with them and will absolutely agree to bump up your dose for you.

But...then the other smaller side of me remembers that not everyone has as kick a** of a pill person as I do . I wish everyone did! My pill doc has been very honest and accepting of me experimenting in small amounts to get to my current dose (of adderall).
But dang...I can see some uptight doctors taking that kind of thing very seriously too. I mean I think it's "technically" considered abuse? If not abuse, it could certainly fall under "misuse" of the meds.

So I guess it depends on how much trust in your doctor you have. If you think they're a good doctor and actually care about you...then yeah! Go for it Be honest with them and I'm really happy you've got a good pill doc! I'm willing to bet they'll be happy to work with you on the dose.
Plus this way you wont run out of the meds like you will if you increase without him knowing.

Wish I could give you more of a solid answer haha...instead I'm more on the fence here and I'm just not sure!

(((((((Hugs)))))))

Wishing you the best!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
DarkMaGiicS (08-11-18), Emre22 (08-11-18)
Old 08-15-18, 04:18 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,657 Times in 14,615 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have a friend in England who went private and is being prescribed dexedrine..is that an option for you?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-15-18, 04:25 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,657 Times in 14,615 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I am a big proponent of being honest with your doctor however I have faced my own instances of "discrimination" with my docor's due to the bipolar and adhd meds I take so I understand your trepidation. It really depends on how long you have been with your doctor and what kind of relationship you have and how well you think they know you. Unfortunately not everyone has the kind of relationship I have with my doctor. I have been seeing her for 18 years now and have been able to be honest with her about my alcoholism and other stuff and she hasnt ripped away my adderall. I am on an above average/past the max dose of adderall for a few years now because my stomach issues have affected my absorption of meds. I am much more cautious with other docs. I wish I could tell you to be honest...but at the same time, what happens if 108mg doesn't do the trick for you anymore. Then what? Self dosing worked out for you now but what about the next time? How will you know the difference between chasing a high and appropriate medication?

What did you notice while on 72mg? What are the differences you see now?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
DarkMaGiicS (08-17-18)
Old 08-17-18, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I am a big proponent of being honest with your doctor however I have faced my own instances of "discrimination" with my docor's due to the bipolar and adhd meds I take so I understand your trepidation. It really depends on how long you have been with your doctor and what kind of relationship you have and how well you think they know you. Unfortunately not everyone has the kind of relationship I have with my doctor. I have been seeing her for 18 years now and have been able to be honest with her about my alcoholism and other stuff and she hasnt ripped away my adderall. I am on an above average/past the max dose of adderall for a few years now because my stomach issues have affected my absorption of meds. I am much more cautious with other docs. I wish I could tell you to be honest...but at the same time, what happens if 108mg doesn't do the trick for you anymore. Then what? Self dosing worked out for you now but what about the next time? How will you know the difference between chasing a high and appropriate medication?

What did you notice while on 72mg? What are the differences you see now?
At 54mg there was slight effect, I was just a little calm, wasn't focused or anything, Then i got increased to 72mg and there was more calm, focus improved slightly, was less implulsive, then after a month or two later this effect went, So i dosage to 108mg and felt calm, proper focus, no impulsive, i didn't take as much risks as i use to, Doctors now gave me 90mg does and 5mg ritalin, Works, But just slightly, Or even a tiny bit off..
So i guess i leave it couple weeks see if it works perfectly fine, Think i'm at the right dose now though, No side effects either