ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-18, 04:27 PM

tomgrouncontrol will become famous soon enough
I feel like all my success is nothing without medication, how did you prove yours?

I need to prove mine wrong. I've gotten used to taking my day offs as real day offs and then I can't function normally like I would when I'm on my XR.

The relationships I built is especially giving me doubts. I'm not that person but just a different one. Has anyone felt the same? I'd talk about this to my therapist but I'm not able to see her soon, just wondering why I'm down like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomgrouncontrol For This Useful Post:
tudorose (11-15-18)
Old 11-15-18, 04:44 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,632 Times in 15,113 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I feel like all my success is nothing without medication, how did you prove yours

I am not quite sure what you are asking but I will do my best. Are you saying that you feel medication is the reason for your success? And that when you take days off you feel useless and unsuccessful? I do not take days off of my meds if I can help it. I do not believe my good qualities and successes are as a result of meds- I believe meds help me channel the good stuff that may make me more successful but that is because I am able to take more action when medicated. I feel like I am better able to demonstrate my abilities when medicated. Why do you take days off?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 11-15-18, 09:14 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,099 Times in 2,222 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I feel like all my success is nothing without medication, how did you prove yours

I can so relate. I've been off meds for 5 years and I felt useless and like I was good for nothing anymore. I struggle in my job as I've changed jobs since going off meds. I wondered if I would be considered a bad worker and worried about it all the time.

Then I did a project that was a huge success. It was similar to my previous job. And then I realised that I didn't need meds to be a success. I wasn't a fraud after all.

What I had to accept was that me on meds is not the same person off meds but it doesn't mean I can't succeed.
kwalk (11-16-18)
Sponsored Links