ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Non-ADD Partner Support
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Non-ADD Partner Support This is a support forum for non-ADD partners, spouses, and significant others offering feedback from both the ADD and non-ADD perspectives

Old 09-18-18, 09:41 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: ADHD Boyfriend Broke-Up with Me and I don't understand why. Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustrated65 View Post
In highsight, I don't believe that things would have worked out for us anyway. We're very different people and I think that in time, things would have eventually irked me.
I think this sums it up pretty well. You two were just incompatible, and it just wouldn't have worked out.

I can relate to a lot of the things you mentioned of him. Like being too fussy to tolerate sitting through a movie that I didn't already want to see.
Old 09-20-18, 03:58 AM
ADDvanced Member

userguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the rough
Re: ADHD Boyfriend Broke-Up with Me and I don't understand why. Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
I kind of did,lol

we seem to be the only population whos lovelife, attachment tendencies , relationship intimacy and so on is reductively chalked up to dopamine stimulation

its stated as fact a lot with zero empirical evidence or even a real theory

it kind of makes me feel less than human when a lot of partners assume we just hyperfocusing on them and want to trade them for a bunny rabit after the honeymoon period

I didn't know we already hav such bad rep.

Let's sue the next guy who says he can't go on cause he's ahdh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post

who knows, the part of a relationship that comes after the honeymoon period involves intimacy, emotional connections and 2 person emotional regulation that is deeply rooted in executive function

could it be an impairment that leaves some of us alone and hurt, and not happily chasing a bunny rabbit in circles?
I have an easy solution : Me.
I'd be in a different part of galaxy had my parents waited for perfect intimacy, emotional connections and so on.

So I am going to happily or not, but chase the rabbits