ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat > ADD Tech Corner
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD Tech Corner Discuss issues with software, hardware, viruses, security and other technology issues here.

Old 01-27-16, 04:48 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,825 Times in 13,490 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Computer Sound

Anyone else got Windows 10 and found the computer sound has suddenly stopped working for no reason? Mine's not been working since yesterday, tried everything my tech-savvy brother suggested and still no sound at all from the windows 10 laptop. It's not on mute, troubleshooter says everything's fine, all sound is switched on, turned everything up to full volume, still not even so much as a squeak from the sound thing.

What's going on???
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

Old 01-27-16, 04:56 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,968 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Computer Sound

It could have been working OK before and then suddenly stopped when a little speaker wire came loose. You wouldn't necessarily have had to do anything wrong to make that happen - it could be a factory defect.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (01-27-16)
Old 01-27-16, 04:58 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

What do I do then dvd? Does it need laptop doctor?

Last edited by midnightstar; 01-27-16 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: Midnightstar and computers should never be allowed to mix
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-16, 05:00 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,968 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

If you've tried everything that your tech-savvy brother suggested and it still won't work, then that would be my guess. Someone who is honest would be nice to find.

Don't tell them what you think; just tell them what you know for sure. (For example, "The other day, the sound suddenly stopped working. I tried everything my tech-savvy brother suggested, and I still can't get it to work." Not "I think there's a loose wire".)
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (01-27-16)
Old 03-04-16, 12:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,061 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Before you pay someone, have you gone to your device manager and looked to see if your sound driver was ok?

If that isn't it, maybe try recover your windows from a backup that was created before you had your volume issues?

Then try a factory reset if that doesn't work? Backup your laptop before you do any of this though.

I'm not a computer expert. That's just what I do whenever I have issues and can't figure them out. Hopefully it's software and not hardware issue. Oops just realized this thread is a month old - guessing your laptop is already fixed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-04-16), ginniebean (03-04-16)
Old 03-04-16, 05:12 AM

Yep it's already fixed, the sound decided to work again by itself, must've been a glitch or something idk

Thanks acdc and dvd

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-04-16)
Old 05-13-16, 11:48 AM

mchclay is a jewel in the roughmchclay is a jewel in the roughmchclay is a jewel in the rough

I was with acdc. First step in troubleshooting is restart the affected hardware. If I had a dollar for every time I have said that I would be a rich man :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to mchclay For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-13-16)
Old 07-09-16, 09:49 AM

Mercurial is a jewel in the roughMercurial is a jewel in the roughMercurial is a jewel in the rough

Listen up,
Windows 10 is a nightmare, everyone in the tech world knows it, It is worse than Windows Millenium.
Driver issues, secret arrangements with facebook, twitter, google (and assoc co's) all being shared with the NSA and homeland obscurity.

Start learning Linux, it is so easy, Ubuntu 14.04 from sourceforge.net, it will pick up every driver and update, way better thaan Windooze

All the best
Merc
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Mercurial For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (07-09-16)