ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat > ADD Tech Corner
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD Tech Corner Discuss issues with software, hardware, viruses, security and other technology issues here.

Old 03-21-18, 10:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,557 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Work Computer Upgrade

My work computer:

intel-nuc-boxnuc6i7kyk3 by aeon314159, on Flickr

...is getting an upgrade!

seagate_exos_7E8 by aeon314159, on Flickr

Yay!
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
OyVeyKitty (03-23-18)
Old 03-23-18, 05:04 PM
ADDvanced Member

OyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud of
Re: Work Computer Upgrade

Wow, I thought that was a thin client at first until I Googled it because of its form factor! Really nice computer you got there. I'm still using big old clunky full ATX cases for my computers, I guess I'm stuck in the 90s lol!
The Following User Says Thank You to OyVeyKitty For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-23-18)
Old 03-23-18, 08:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,557 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyVeyKitty View Post
Wow, I thought that was a thin client at first until I Googled it because of its form factor! Really nice computer you got there. I'm still using big old clunky full ATX cases for my computers, I guess I'm stuck in the 90s lol!
I’d still go ATX if I am building it, but for an office computer, these are sweet and easy. If I took a good chunk of a day finessing a proper build, I’d get a talking to.

I bought one generation back so I could have i7 quad-core with HT...the newer machines, despite being smaller, are low-power dual-core affairs.

I suffered with a ten-year-old box for a long time. It was okay for the person before me, but I drive computers hard and fast, and surprise, surprise...I hate to wait.

Plus, with the little box, I get PCIx4 NVMe for my “disk.” The sheer speed of it changes everything. Reading and writing at ~2GB/sec...did I mention that I hate to wait?

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
OyVeyKitty (03-24-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-18, 12:42 PM
ADDvanced Member

OyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud of

Haha I'm right there with you on not liking to wait! I have an M.2 slot on my motherboard, but haven't been able to afford a drive for it yet. I don't want to buy anything smaller than 500GB because I like to have plenty of space for the OS and critical apps, but the drives are still super expensive.
The Following User Says Thank You to OyVeyKitty For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-24-18)
Old 05-10-18, 05:00 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

The hell do you do for work??!