ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 09-19-06, 06:59 PM
ADDvanced Member

Iwalani8 is on a distinguished road
anyone applied/applying/going to apply to dental school?

title sums it up.

i need help!!! i know what i'm supposed to do, but to hear about any other situations where you are a non-traditional (say older) student with a.d.d. but got accepted would be soooooo encouraging.
Old 09-25-06, 07:44 AM

say what? is on a distinguished road
Hey, I am applying right now, and I'm really nervous about it. I would also like to know of any ADDers who have been accepted or are already dentists. Good luck to you!!
Old 09-25-06, 04:50 PM
ADDvanced Member

ooh! keep me updated on your process, i am going to be applying for the 2008 school year i think, because the cut off for the DAT is october and i've only gotten my general chem and general bio and math sequences done. i have a long way to go before i'm ready for the test.

do you have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-06, 09:47 PM

say what? is on a distinguished road
Well, I didn't exactly go about it the easy way... I took bio 1 and chem 1 this spring. Then, I took bio 2, chem 2, and ochem 1 in the summer (I had no life), and right now I am taking ochem 2, physics, and an upper level bio class. I got my degree in business, so that is why I didn't take any of these classes as an undergrad and am trying to cram them in now, which probably isn't the smartest idea. I may have to apply again for the 2008 school year, but I figured I might as well try for this one. You don't actually have to take the DAT by October (at least to where I am applying), but you need to have the application in by then. It's best to take it early, but I didn't have a choice since I hadn't taken many of the classes when the application period opened.

Try to keep the general bio and chem fresh in your mind so you don't have such a hard time when you are studying for the DAT. Possibly get flash cards and review them or even practice on the bio and chem sections of the DAT. Here is a good website to get material to study with: http://www.esnips.com/web/dat-stuff. Also, I would suggest downloading DAT Achiever when you are ready to practice a whole DAT.
Old 09-25-06, 11:38 PM
ADDvanced Member

i didn't do it the easy way either. i am almost done with my BS in Psychology! my chem sequence was completed 2 years ago. i'm a 26 year old undergrad....blah blah blah....

but at least i know i want to go into dentistry now. thanks for the advice!! i will probably haVE to move out of state for school because the University of Washington's School of Dentistry is sooooo competitive...I'm thinking somewhere like Omaha... sad.